Tired of being pregnant..

mummie2be

Reaction score
Okay, before anyone jumps down my throat about this let me explain.
When I say that I'm tired of being pregnant, I mean that I am literally tired. I know people say that the farther along you get, the harder it gets to sleep but this is ridiculous! Between the tossing and turning and the cramps and back pain, I'm lucky if I am sleeping 3 hours a night.
I know once LO is here I probably won't be sleeping much, but it will be easier for me to sleep when LO is sleeping. I swear I could lie in bed all day and the maximum amount of sleep I will get is maybe 5 hours.

I had horrible insomnia in my 2nd tri and I found that exercise was helping me get a good night's sleep. Now I'm 38 weeks along, of course my body is tired due to all the weight and charming stuff that comes with pregnancy at this stage, but I generally sleep well, or to put it more correctly: better when I get a sufficient exercise like 1 h of walking daily.
The days I don't do much physically I will have insomnia again.
Also try drinking some chamomile tea before bed time. It helps.

Unfortunately it only gets worse. I have severe SPD can't walk, can barely move and it takes me ages to turn over in bed. I get hardly any sleep at all.

I have terrible insomnia too and most days its a max of 4-5 hours. For the pain, I'd serious recommend a foam mattress topper (they're called "egg shells" over here as they look a bit like an egg box). Incredible for relieving aches and its only JUST now at 36 weeks that I have a tiny bit of discomfort in my hips on occasion in bed, otherwise I'm pretty comfortable x

Why would anyone jump down your throat? I'll be honest, I hate being pregnant. There's nothing about pregnancy that I enjoy. And by the time I've had this baby, I'll have spent a total of 3 years out of my life being pregnant. That's a lot of time feeling achy and tired and miserable!

I'm tired. I feel guilty at times because I just want her here but regardless of how beautiful this whole miracle of life process is, it's miserable. Especially the end. I know I'm lucky because I get to experience this and my baby will be healthy if she keeps cooking blah blah blah, I get it. I'm still tired. Blessed and grateful and extremely tired of being pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->