TMI about bum!!

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
The past few bowel movements I have had has felt really strange, it feels like my bum is coming outside, I can actually feel the lump, it feels as if I had been straining or constipated and pushing it out but I havent!! :shrug:

Anyone else have something similiar to this?
:shrug:

You can get cream from the pharmacy or see the doctor if they are really bad

Yeah, isn't it terrible? I get these with pregnancy. The pressure that baby puts on the area causes it. I use witch hazel to soothe it, but if it gets REALLY bad (like won't stop bleeding, which sometimes does happen with mine), I will use a hemorrhoid cream. This should go away within a month or two after your baby is born, since the pressure will be gone. Just be aware that you'll be more prone to hemorrhoid "episodes" in the future.

Really warm sitz bath, zinc cream applied to the area and ensure you're not straining when going.

I get this occasionally too, pregnancy is lush!!

I have them BAAD... It causes alot of discomfort. I think I may just buy some cremes too... And it's definitely not from being constipated, i think it's from the pressure of the baby... I can't even pass wind without straining now! :C I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

I've had them since like 20 weeks! Sucks. I use preperation h wipes and the cream if they're rly bad. Either wipe with the prep h wipes or kind of stick it between ur cheeks and leave it there..

Anyone know if they go away after baby comes??? And mine seem to have left..ahem..loose skin back there...anyone know is that goes away?? Sry to ask questions on ur thread just seemed relevant!

I got them in my last pregnancy and though they aren't always a problem, I do get flare ups from time to time when not pregnant. Specifically when constipated. The way I understand it is that they are varicose veins of the rectum, and they don't disappear on their own, though they may be less noticeable at certain times.

I get them when I have diarrhoea for several consecutive days (kind of the opposite to most people!) though one has popped up again in the last week or so which I think is due to baby pressure.

Just above your anus (in your intestine) there is an area with lots of blood vessels that create a 'cushion' around the inside of your bowel. This helps you to control your bowel movements. Sometimes one of these vessels will enlarge, this can be due to various reasons (usually through straining) and is really common in pregnancy. When it happens, that vessel swells and distends and drops down through your anus - sometimes just a small bit and sometimes quite a lot can come totally through. Sometimes it's very painful, and sometimes you don't notice it unless you feel it when wiping.

The general rule is that they are not harmful in themselves and will go away on their own when the swelling in the blood vessel goes down. They will literally shrink back in, although that vessel will have been weakened and you will be prone to having them again in future. If they are very sore you can use creams etc but these don't make them go away, they just treat the symptoms (which is no bad thing if you are uncomfortable!).

How long this takes can vary from a few days to several weeks or months - I imagine in pregnancy they won't shrink back in until baby is born and the pressure is relieved.

Lucky us, eh? :thumbup:

I didn't even know I had two external piles/hemroids until it got sore to wipe. Took a peek to find out what was going on ... lol ... go ahead and laugh ... mirror in hand, bent over with cheeks spread ... anyways mine look to be on the outside of the anus, and are two bumps. I've googled how to relive swelling, and witch hazel was one of the things to use, so I have been using that. But still is their, I may have to go to the pharmacy and pick up some Prep-H to shrink them. I see my OB this Fri, will ask her. I noticed someone said there are hermorid wipes? I did not know this, might be a good idea to grab them as well. So is it safe to use Preparation H during pregancy?

I have a very small one that doesn't really bother me, but I don't want it getting any bigger. I asked the MFM and she said to clean it with the Tuck's pads, then put the Preparation H cream on it to get it to shrink down some.

Think I will pick up some Prep - H today while out to the pharmacy. I can use Tuck Pads with witch hazel on them like I have been doing, but I think the medicated Prep-H will aid in getting rid of them faster ... I hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->