(tmi) Bladder weakness - does it ever totally go away?

Danuta

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

It's a bit of an embarassing question what I want to ask, but I just thought anyone who went through the same problem as I am having now might be able to give me some advice, or knowledge about whether this will get better!

I'm in the last few weeks of my pregnancy now (36 weeks today!) and for the past 2 months I have had a big problem with "leaking" and loss of bladder control :blush: I know lots of people gets this, but mine is quite more extreme than usual according to my MW, who thinks it's worse because I am overweight. It's got to the point now where I just seem to be leaking and having accidents all the time (even just from standing up or Braxton Hicks contraction, or just because I "can't hold on"!) and I have to wear a pad all the time cos the pantyliner isn't enough.

Obviously it's the last thing I worry about now - because we all know this last weeks are not comfortable and the only thing I am caring about is when I will get to see my little girl! But I was wondering if this problem is ever going to go away post-pregnancy? Will it get better after the birth? Are there going to be things I can do to help it?

I know it probably sounds quite silly, but I am only 21 and I don't wanna be leaking for rest of my life!

I would be really thankful for any advices!

Best,
Danuta xx

Oh and I meant to add: my MW thinks that because my problem is worse than usual, that I might need to have an operation or some kind of injection later after birth to make it better. But I really hope it's not going to be true!

I didn't but I don't think it gets better unless you do your pelvic floor exercises. And you need to do them regularly. I know some people do need an op but I'd really go for the kegels before that!

yes, definitely!
Does anyone have an idea though if it generally gets better after the birth?

I didn't have this while pregnant but after giving birth my pelvic floor muscles were sooo weak. This eased off ALOT after about 2 weeks of giving birth. Hope it gets better soon x

Once the baby is no longer bouncing on your bladder you should find youre heaps better :)
I remember the agony walkign and feeling like I could pee constantly and just making it to the loo (and not always!) - that went once i had her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->