(Tmi) bleeding after bm

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Sorry for this tmi issue but has anyone had this? It's not a lot of blood but kind of burns. Not sure if it belongs in the pp forum but never had this problem before.

Yep still having this problem 12 weeks later! Are you constipated at all? You could have a haemorrhoid (sorry know that sounds awful!) Im going to try some softener and see if it helps. I get the fee ling bms take a while to get back yo normal!

I am slightly constipated I think. I've taken a stool softener about 2 weeks pp once but I didn't want to keep taking it as I had the feeling it made my lo's tummy weird!

I'm the same, I tried a stool softener but I think it made Darcie have a tummy ache.I bleed, not loads but it's bright red blood. I knw it's gross but it hurts me to go like passing broken glass, I think I have a haemoroid too. Fingers xed we will all be better soon. :hugs:Xx

You've described it the same way I feel it! I do hope it gets better.

I actually asked my ob and she said if I don't want to take a stool softener then to eat fruits and veggies with antioxidant properties. So I made a spinach and strawberry smoothie but with a water base (no milk).

germaloids cream helps a lot and will have no effect on your baby xx

Yes I've had this too, I'm planning on speaking to my doctor at my 6 week check if it hasn't cleared by then.

Upped my water intake to 3+ liters per day, in addition to a liter or so of fresh juice/smoothie. This problem is completely gone!

Same happening here I've cried on the loo!! Come to think of it, it started when I stopped drinking 2L a day of water! Best up my intake again xx

Just to say, it may not be a haemorrhoid but a fissure (a small tear)

I had, and still have to a certain degree, lots of pain with a small amount of blood even now. I spoke to my GP who had a look and said it was just a tear thanks to having a 2nd degree tear during labour that required stitching. The only thing for it is a high fibre diet and lots of water.

I had this for the first time today (11 days pp). I noticed my stool was harder than previously though so guess it was due to that? Been drinking loads of water for the last 24 hours so hopefully it was a one off :-/

Feeling very sorry for myself today - my bum is broken :cry:

BM are still very painful and there is lots of fresh blood in the toilet. I can't get a doctors appointment until next week :(

Definitely sounds to me like you have a fissure. I had one after my first baby and I have one again now a couple of weeks after having my second. Stool softeners, lots of water and fibre and warm sitz baths after having a bm are the way to go! Don't rub it with dry toilet paper. You can also use lidocaine gels/creams intended for anorectal problems.

It will heal on its own in time if you keep your bms soft and the area clean and relaxed. It really sucks in the meanwhile though, I know. :(

It's funny you say it appeared a couple of weeks after having your baby, that's what happened to me too. Typical that just when you think you're starting to get rid of the discomfort down there, something else appears! Thanks for the tips, I'll try that x

I had this happen, loads of blood in the toilet. Sure it was a fissure and not my single Hemeroid. Upped by water like crazy as well as my fruit and started taking a probiotic and my stools have been soft enough that it's healing. :hugs: it's a battle against any type of constipation to let it heal. I have a stomach disorder so I've unfortunately dealt with this before....

Hope everyone is feeling better soon...

Week 10 of this pain and I'm feeling sorry for myself today. Been given some cream by the GP but it's doing nothing. The other cream they suggested apparently isn't recommended while breastfeeding. I feel like my choice is to keep suffering or stop breastfeeding. :nope:

Mine has got worse again too :( I know how you feel. I felt like crying it was so painful this morning. Lo is 6 months old soon, and it's still no better. Arghhh!

What have you tried so far? I'm going hardcore from tomorrow - gallons of water, sitz baths, Lactolose and this useless cream. I'm also going to make another drs appontment. I will NOT have a broken bottom forever!! At least looking at my LO reminds me it's all worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->