TMI but sweet smelling CM???

Kirei

Reaction score
Anyone else had this? It's only been for a couple of days and I'd feel silly calling the MW about it. I've got no pain and actually less CM than I've been having normally but it smells really sweet, like a sugary smell - like biscuits / cookie mixture is the closest I can describe it. It smells really nice, lol! :wacko: but I'm wondering if it means anything I should worry about. I wanted to ask on here before I worry or anything. Anyone? :shrug:

This is gross but since i've been pregnant my discharge smells like whatever I've been eating. If i eat onions it smells like onion, it's really gross. Once a week it smells like marijuana, explain that one! Obviously if it smells disgusting then get a swab to check for an infection and obviously also if you're leaking a lot of watery fluid x

This is gross but since i've been pregnant my discharge smells like whatever I've been eating. If i eat onions it smells like onion, it's really gross. Once a week it smells like marijuana, explain that one! Obviously if it smells disgusting then get a swab to check for an infection and obviously also if you're leaking a lot of watery fluid x

I do eat a LOT of sweet food and fruits... although I always have and my discharge has just smelt like normal discharge until now. Do you think it could be because I eat a lot of sweet foods? That does make sense...

My urine is also a lot more affected by what I eat, my Dr said your kidneys filter differently when pregnant. I ate some yellow jelly sweets and freaked out because for a whole day I had luminous yellow wee, haha.
As long as it doesn't look like you have an infection or leaking fluid I wouldn't worry about it. Most people won't smell theirs so don't know what it smells like anyway, hehe x

Anyone else had this? It's only been for a couple of days and I'd feel silly calling the MW about it. I've got no pain and actually less CM than I've been having normally but it smells really sweet, like a sugary smell - like biscuits / cookie mixture is the closest I can describe it. It smells really nice, lol! :wacko: but I'm wondering if it means anything I should worry about. I wanted to ask on here before I worry or anything. Anyone? :shrug:

Hey, are you sure it's not your waters? They have a really distinctive sweet kind of smell. Maybe check with your GP or MW :hugs:

I'm not sure but if it was there would be more right? Update i wore white underwear today and in with it is a little like snot looking bits could it be my plug? Is this something to worry about?

I'm not sure but if it was there would be more right? Update i wore white underwear today and in with it is a little like snot looking bits could it be my plug? Is this something to worry about?

I've never had it personally, but I think you can leak fluid sometimes. I'm sorry, I feel like ive worried you now unnecessarily. All I meant was for you to be aware it can happen & to get checked out to make sure everything is ok. Have you tried calling maternity triage to ask them? :hugs:

I'm out today but will tomorrow thanks for your help x

To test if it's your waters, lie on your side for half an hour and then stand up...if it is it will leak out. Sounds normal to me and like I said, most other ppl don't smell their discharge so will have no idea what it smells like. Of course, if you're worried, see if you can get checked out xx

If I was you I would get this checked. With my DD I had a very slow leak of amniotic fluid and it smelled very sweet. I was pretty sure it was a normal discharge but my mum rang the mw to ask anyway. I was told to put a pad in and go to the maternity unit where they took the pad to test it to see for sure what it was. It turned out my waters were leaking and I had to have a close eye kept on things from then.

I dont mean to worry you but get checked if in doubt.

Lots of love x

I'll try the test later! Thanks everyone. I've got midwife on thursday so do you think its ok to wait till i see her? X

Is your discharge clear and runny like water? I'd do the test that I said and drink lots of lots of water today and it will be probably back to normal tomorrow. Of course if you are worried and in doubt then get it checked out.
In the hospital here the only way they check if your waters have gone is to do an internal check with a speculum.
Of course it's always better to be safe than sorry and if you think it's your waters go today but mine wasn't and mine sometimes smells sweet too and will be gone the next day xxx

I have this and been to hospital just so that the midwife can make me feel stupid - however, they did not do a test. Apparently they can't tell me what it is since it's NOT amniotic fluid. They picked up that my uterus was irritated etc. I still have this smell and it is white cm. If you find out what it is please let me know. I will do the same for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->