TMI - diarrhoea

Zephram

Reaction score
Sorry to do this to you ladies, hopefully no one is eating breakfast, :lol: but I have to ask as I'm a bit worried. Has anyone else had a tummy bug or food poisoning in first tri? I suspect it's a virus rather than food poisoning due to the way it came on, but I've had diarrhoea since yesterday and been feeling like death. Haven't puked, but I can't really eat or drink anything. I feel a little bit better today but think I'm clearly a little dehydrated. When should you worry about this? And when should you start worrying that it's something that might harm the baby, like listeria?

In three pregnancies, this is the first time I've ever had a diarrhoea bug so I haven't been in this position before.

I have had that in my past two pregnancies and I also had it during this pregnancy. My doctor actually figured out that the prenatal I was taking is what was causing it. They had me switch to a childrens multi vitamin until I regulated again and then we would try another prenatal. They did keep a close eye on my iron levels when we were switching vitamins tho.

I don't think it's vitamins as I haven't been that great at taking them.

It must be a virus as my DS1 is now saying he feels sick (great!!). I still feel horrendous but trying to make myself eat and drink.

I had KFC when I was in the first trimester with DS1. Napier has a pretty bad reputation for their standards but we'd never had any issue despite the stories so had it anyway. As you can guess, I got food poisoning. I felt like crap for a few days but I made sure I ate anything I could keep down as well as plenty of water and Ginger Ale. He (besides the attitude), turned out fine. :) You think it might be viral? Has Rotovirus been in your area at all as it could be doing the rounds. But again, keep your fluid levels up and if you are concerned contact your GP.

I don't know about rotavirus, but I am in and out of daycare and kindy picking up my kids, so it wouldn't surprise me if I picked up something from there.

DS1 has gone to bed early, he's definitely off colour but hasn't had any bad poos or puking, hopefully it stays that way. DS2 has had one bad nappy today but is not acting sick at all, bounced off the walls his normal cheeky self all day. DS2 has had the rotavirus vaccine so he should be fine anyway, if it was that. DS1 hasn't because it wasn't free when when he was a baby but it is now. I suspect it's just some anonymous virus that we'll never know about and we'll all be better in a few days.

I don't know about rotavirus, but I am in and out of daycare and kindy picking up my kids, so it wouldn't surprise me if I picked up something from there.

DS1 has gone to bed early, he's definitely off colour but hasn't had any bad poos or puking, hopefully it stays that way. DS2 has had one bad nappy today but is not acting sick at all, bounced off the walls his normal cheeky self all day. DS2 has had the rotavirus vaccine so he should be fine anyway, if it was that. DS1 hasn't because it wasn't free when when he was a baby but it is now. I suspect it's just some anonymous virus that we'll never know about and we'll all be better in a few days.

Oh bugger. :nope: Feet up, good cup of coffee, paracetamol for the pain and plenty of sleep. Hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->