TMI...how often did you BD to get pregnant?

Future Mom

Reaction score
So this may be a bit TMI for some people, but this is our 5th cycle TTC and I'm wondering if we haven't been :sex: enough...Those ladies who have conceived before - how often did you do the dance to get the job done? Thanks!

Honestly I got preggo the 3rd cycle and we only did it 4 times that whole month so i would assume it had to be once around the time i o'd

With my first we DTD once and conceived. We weren't trying at the time. All the other years trying nothing happened! x

My friend has conceived twice just DTD once in the whole month! So it it possible!

My DD was conceived using the SMEP plan - BD every other day from day 10 until you get a positive OPK then that day and two days after, skip a day and then one final day. This worked for us :) It's an awful lot though!! It was better than guessing though which we did for the first few cycles.

If your actively trying I suggest every other day or every other 2 days
gl:flower:

I conceived our son DTD one day before ovulation, just once that whole cycle.

Lol DD was accident :p and DH and I had been apart for 5 months before. So every day, 2 or 3 times a day at least from CD7-CD10, when something came up and I had to leave the country again.

Can't remember with my first son, second son was once that month. We're trying for no3 and have sex most days and it's taking a while so who knows.

The month we conceived we dtd every day/twice per day from CD10 till I got a positive OPK then for a few days after :) xxx

We are trying to BD every other day or at least every two days....no luck yet..but who knows!

We dtd every other day at least while ttc but then we took a month off because we were too busy with holidays and spending a couple weeks away from home...and wee dtd once, on the day I showed signs of ovulation ...and that turned out to be the month we got our bfp. Very unexpected.

Ds was a once without protection thing but must have been right around o. Last two pg we dtd reguarly and every day from around cd12. (took two months and then one month) This month we are doing smep. It's not the amount its the timing but if its hard to figure out your ovulation then smep seems the way to go

We DTD just the once (in that month) and fell pregnant. I get major OV cramps so just had sex the day after that :D xx

Within my fertile period, 3 or 4 times.
This is my first month ttc, so will see if that was enough.
It only takes one sperm, and they can live upto 7 days so even dtd once within your fertile period gives you a good chance.

It was once, both times! Opks, temping, fertility friend and keeping a watchful eye on my body's pattern.

Thanks so much, ladies! As I suspected, it seems that there's a huge variety out there of what "works." But I didn't know about SMEP (https://spermmeetseggplan.com/) so I may check that out next month if this month doesn't work. I know, I know...just need to chill and let it happen :wacko:

Thanks so much, ladies! As I suspected, it seems that there's a huge variety out there of what "works." But I didn't know about SMEP (https://spermmeetseggplan.com/) so I may check that out next month if this month doesn't work. I know, I know...just need to chill and let it happen :wacko:

I know, it's so hard to just chill sometimes with it though-so easy to consume you!

To be honest we wouldn't have used SMEP if we hadn't have had a loss on our first cycle. I was quite happy to be chilled about the whole thing and expected it to take time, so I was surprised to fall pregnant straight away. After we lost our first I was in a 'hurry' to get pregnant and they recommend SMEP to anyone who has suffered a loss. Not the nicest experience to be honest, being chilled is much nicer :) However it did work for us :)

If you like to read there's this book called taking charge of your fertility, its a very good read(also tells you about smep). I actually dont like to read much unless Im reading to my daughter, but I read this whole book in 3 days. It was funny but yet so informative even if you weren't ttc I would still recommend it because it will teach you so much about your body. You can get a paper back from amazon for like $12:thumbup:
Gl hope you caught it this month
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back