TMI...Itching "down there"

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in my 5th week and for the past few days, my vagina has been super itchy. Not all the time but when it itches, it's insane. I was literally at the dr 2 days ago and they did a Pap smear and internal exam. I didn't mention the itching because I forgot since it hadn't been bothering me much that day. Would she have been able to tell just by looking if I did have a yeast infection? I'm feeling wet sometimes but it doesn't look like cottage cheese or what it says it's supposed to look like.

Thanks for any help!

It could also be the hormones having affect, and there is a bit more blood going through down there which can play a role as well. I use canestan cream from when I get itchy.

I just notice I'm itchy if I start to overheat and sweat down there at night or during the day running errands or wearing restrictive bottoms. It has helped ALOT to sleep in the nude at night and have the temp down a little bit and to wear loose clothes during the day as much as I can. Hardly no itching anymore.

Pregnancy lowers your immune defenses a bit, making it easier to get yeast infections, so it is possible you have one. Yeast infection medications are safe in pregnancy, so it can't hurt to see if it helps. Not all yeast infections give you smelly or cottage cheese discharge - mine in the past haven't (itchy and fragile/splitting skin down there is all I get). A dr may not be able to tell just by looking if your only symptom is itching. They would need to look at your cm under a microscope to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->