TMI - smear test

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
hi i was due to have my smear test when pregnant and was advised to wait till after baby was born, but i cant remember how long after the birth i had to wait. can anyone tell me? that way i wont look like a complete idiot asking the nurse when i take Hermione for her final jabs.

Thanks

i'm not sure honey, i would probably ask, you wont look silly :hugs: x

I'm sure I was told I could have mine 12 weeks after giving birth!! - I'm due one too!! :hissy: (Dont know if I trust them to do it!!)

Its got something to do with the cells regenerating or something???

I would just ask....Good luck.

I had to wait and get my first period (which came 12 weeks after having Liv) I then had to wait until after xmas as my doctors couldn't fit me in!!! I had a period and then booked in for about 10 days later - just got the results back and all clear!! x

Hi, I had my smear at my six week Post-natal check-up. x

im dreading mine when i had my last one it really hurt for weeks afterwards and i bled for ages i really dont want another i was told its at your 6week check up

i have mine next week (8 weeks) i just had to make sure i'd had a period before xxx

my smear was due april last year but was pregnant so had smear at my 6 week check but jack was about 8 weeks then .xx

I had my smear before xmas the nurse told me you are supposed to wait 3mnths.

i had mine at 8 weeks when I had my post natal check

i dont have periods on my contraception, so what do i doabout waiting for a period. i havnt had one since she was born and i wont. will this affect me having a smear done?

It won't affect it. The old advice was to wait for 6 weeks but they found that because things were still healing, a lot of smears were coming back as inconclusive so they changed it to 12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->