TMJ, anyone have any tips on this? especially the noises!

shazney22

Reaction score
Newly diagnosed with tmj with creptius, will be getting a splint soon, just wondering if anyone can give me tips? Its the noises I cant stand, if I could just shift that symtomp that be great

My husband has that but he also has arthritis in his jaw too. He gets physio and it seems to help.

I have TMJ. The right side of my jaw cracks and shifts everytime I bite or open my mouth. I don't really have any tips about managing it because each case is different. I was wearing a mouth guard to sleep but it caused me more pain. As for the sounds, there is nothing you can do that I know of. I just wanted to let you know that it bothered me at first and if I focus on it now it bothers me, but over time I got used to it and now I barely even notice it. Sorry you have to go through it. It's not fun at all. :hugs:

I was diagnosed with tmj about 7 years ago. I hadn't had a flare up in years, but on the morning of week 31 in my pregnancy, it hit me like a baseball bat! :wacko: I've tried everythin, relaxation techniques, exercise, tylenol, ice packs, moist heat.. nothing helps! I basically just lay around all day until the pain isn't so severe so i can fall asleep for a few hours. I work from home, which means i have an ear piece in my ear all day, which just adds insult to injury! :hissy: I'm hoping it will just goaway in 36-48hours like in the past (i'm on hour24 of no relief, keeping my fingers crossed).

If anyone has any advice, PLEASE share!!!

:help:

proud soon to be mother of a beautiful daughter, Dylan Ryder :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"