To admin re: moving all groups ......A suggestion

Starglow

Reaction score
You have decided to move all groups regardless of how relevant they are within the various trimester sections. You have moved them to a section on your forum called 'Groups and Discussions' near the bottom of your homepage. This section is for 'off topic' subjects such as Baking and Paranormal etc with a section for pregnancy.

As we are discussing pregnancy related topics could you move this section into the pregnancy related area? Ie: the 3 trimesters, home births etc. If you will not consider this then could you please give a reason as to why you feel these groups are better where you've placed them?

I have posted in second tri as this is where our group was moved from. None of us have had any notice that you were moving the groups. It is nice to know that your forum cares about the people who post here and their opinions.

Thankyou . I hope you will reply and others will respond if they agree or not.

I definitely agree... I think it's odd that the groups were just suddenly moved without notification! And if you don't know specifically what you're looking for, it's hard to find them again...

Is there a way to contact the admins directly to ask them?

Bump

I have copied this to Admin.

I still believe that all pregnancy related groups should be in the pregnancy section on the home page.

I agree!! Pregnancy discussions within the 3 trimesters should be in the Pregnancy sections, not way down the bottom next to the paranormal discussions?!

Here here! The groups section is hard to find and notice

I agree.. Also it means about 20 of the same group turns up because people think it's just disappeared!

I didn't even realise there was even a groups section :dohh:

Well when i was on ttc..they moved us into groups too..but they put a notice at the top. I think they should have informed you. I dont see why there cant be a subsection..pregnancy groups!

Have you put this in the forum help section? It will be more likely to be seen there by admin.

The Discussions and Groups area is meant for chat type threads (which a lot of the February Moms--just using it as an example) etc. are. They were moved to help keep the tris clear for question threads. It's nothing personal and there were several moved a few months back as well, but with the influx of newcomers new threads had been created and passed our notice until yesterday. Discussion threads weren't moved just out of the trimesters, several were moved from other areas of the forum as well to help keep the boards clear as above for the question threads.

All groups were moved with a redirect so that people could click on that and it would take them to the respective thread.

ETA: once you reply to a thread, youare subscribed to it so all youneed to do is click user cp, and any new replies will always make the thread pop up, to save you looking for it

As above this is going to be moved to the forum help and testing area because it is easier for us to spot/read it there than it is in second tri where the board moves very quickly. Also we all have young families at home so response time may not be as quick as you or we would like, though we will of course try to respond as quickly as we can, you have to give us a chance.

Thankyou for your response.

I am aware of the shortcut to subscribed threads, that groups have been moved across the board and that it's not a personal thing.

I feel it's a real shame to pull thriving threads from the sections they are popular in. All you are doing is isolating various groups taking them away from the sections of the forum they use the most ( and others who post in theses sections who are in the same boat).

I do not see how a pregnant section barely noticable on the homepage, in the 'lounge' section under groups and discussions can be a good place to have 2nd trimester threads.

You have lumped all groups together when this is called Baby and Bump! You're putting baby related groups in with random topics. It makes no sense to me at all.

I would appreciate if this query could be looked at with a bit more thought and discussion and brought to the attention of the people who run this site.

Thankyou

By the way I'm not suggesting you keep the threads in the sections they were in if that's what you have decided is best. I am suggesting that you set up a groups section in the relevant pregnancy section of the home page. The groups would still be Seperate to the main thread sections.

But theyre not going into random places, they are going into the *pregnancy* section of discusions.

Your group threads are discussion threads to chatter amongst each other, the trimester sections are there for people to post their questions.
When the groups threads are constantly bumped to the top, the serious question threads get bumped down to the bottom and even falling off onto the next page where they often get unnoticed.

By the way I'm not suggesting you keep the threads in the sections they were in if that's what you have decided is best. I am suggesting that you set up a groups section in the relevant pregnancy section of the home page. The groups would still be Seperate to the main thread sections.

we will take this into consideration (sorry short reply am on the phone)

If I read that right, (EG. have the relevant group forum under the catergory corresponding to it) we will see what we can do :)

Thankyou Stircrazy. It's hard to explain but there could be a Groups pregnancy section on the homepage under the Pregnancy titles. Ie ..... With The trimesters, home births etc. This way it keeps everything to do with pregnancy for example together.

Thanks

Yes you have understood exactly what I mean Stircrazy. Thanks x

Yep I understood you Starglow - well put and I agree totally

In the other group I am in, people always saying how they never noticed the group section as it's tucked away so far! Just by mentioning how I got my July Bumps sigg I have

I would agree maybe a groups bit for the months due dates etc. I have put off posting in the April thread out of sheer laziness looking for it again lol.

I agree with everything you've said Starglow.

Thanks for considering these suggestions moderators.

Pip x

Hi Stircrazy,

Just wondering if you've got any further with setting up what I suggested? No hurry of course, just wondering where you are at with it.

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->