To all affected by the floods...

I can't go home :cry:

I was supposed to be moving out and travelling home tonight. My family have advised me to stay away until its fully over. Absolutely gutted though, OH was gonna be with me for two weeks and we had lots of fun stuff planned.

Worried about my Gran all on her own as well :( she's frightened of water.

And my poor Dad, took him an hour and a half to cycle home, for a 15 minute journey.

Can't believe how bad it is :(

I'm in halls at the moment, I was supposed to be handing my keys in tonight but its ok, I can stay until the 7th of July, but i'm just so gutted :( i've been counting down to this day for weeks.

:hugs: Hopefully you can get home soon..which way are you travelling?xx

I'll be travelling north up to Newcastle. Fingers crossed :)

Thanks for the :hugs: :flower:

Newcastle station is open now hun..it's just further north than that there are problems.xx

Oh wow. Sorry to hear this Honey, hope things get better soon x

Middle of my street is flooded and most streets around my area..its crazy as it lasted for hours and now its super bright sun lol

We got stuck at the Metro Centre for ages. DH is on holiday this week, so we went there yesterday, and took my mum and dad with us as well. Mum, dad, Sophie and I were still inside when it all started, and DH had gone out to the car to read because he was bored at the shops :haha:

He was texting me telling me about the thunder etc then he phoned me at 4 to say it was getting pretty scary and that we should be leaving because some of the cars in the car park had water up past the wheels! I was downstairs in Primark at the time, and the announcement came over the tannoy that everyone had to get upstairs because the downstairs was starting to flood.

All the shops were closing on the ground floor and there was water everywhere! I was meant to be meeting my mum and dad a little while later but I managed to get them rounded up :haha: We started trying to get out but we were totally trapped on the 1st floor - the whole downstairs was flooding, the escalators weren't working and there was water being reported in some of the lift shafts. We actually had no idea how we'd get out and we were in there for quite a while.

Eventually after a lot of wandering, we managed to find a working lift that got us down to a bit that wasn't flooded, and it was just next to a door, so we got out there, made a mad dash for the car, which DH had luckily moved, because where we were was really flooding! - and then we were stuck in the carpark for 2 hours! It was mad, people were taking their shoes off and wading knee deep through the water! Some people couldn't open their car doors because the water would just pour in.

It took us 4 hours from starting to leave to reaching home - it's only an hour's drive usually! I don't think I'd have been panicking so much if Sophie hadn't been with us, but she was getting really hungry and all we had in the car was a packet of crisps and an apple!

Hope you all stayed safe!

It's just awful, have just been looking at some pics - it must be so scary for people who are in the flood areas xreally hope everyone is ok

We have barely had any rain up here let alone anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->