To all the symptomless Moms.

littlejune

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I just wanted to make a reassuring thread in response to the number of posts I regularly see regarding little to no symptoms.

First off, I think we are constantly bombarded with warnings of possible symptoms to come. I have been warned of everything from vericose veins, to breast growth, to rhinitis. I think with all of these "possible" symptoms it's easy to get overwhelmed and nervous when we only experience a few. However, I think it's important to note than only a very few, very unlucky women actually experience a huge range of symptoms or even experience severe symptoms.

In real life, I know of...two (give or take one?) women who had severe symptoms during pregnancy while the rest, like myself and you all, had a few symptoms that would come and go. It's easy to see all of the internet horror stories of women who suffered through pregnancy to have a healthy baby and those few who had no symptoms and it ended in tragedy. It's not un common to have really, really comfortable pregnancies. My Mom and SIL both did, and so far I am too.

I just wanted to reassure you all, and I remember being there too literally 6 weeks ago. I'm not a doctor, and I'm not an expert- but I am a worrier who managed to find peace and joy during this pregnancy and I really want that for all of you too. The odds are in your favor, and don't forget that it's never too early to develop nasty symptoms so don't jinx yourselves. :winkwink:

Good luck ladies, hope this post helps!

Thank you for sharing. I'm symptomless the majority of the time. I have very occasional nausea but that could be caused to eating too much or not enough. But nothing else. I need to remember that every pregnancy is different and to stay positive :)

love.peace- totally. I really had very little nausea at 6 weeks. I felt "hungover" and most of it was as you said- eating too much or too little. I did get some nasty MS weeks 8-9.5 though after worrying about not having any. LOL.

I agree, everyone does not have blazing symptoms. Quite frankly its nice if you dont
I have some but not much to complain about other than the migraines!

The only real symptom I've had is spotting... not very reassuring.

Thank you for posting this littlejune. Hugely appreciated by many. :hugs:

Really glad it's helpful! Also Dark_Star I had a bit of spotting. Freaked me OUT. But was fine!

i got my BFP today - i dont feel anything as of yet
best of luck all xxx

Thankyou for this, we need all the encouragement we can get! I've been super stressed and I know I shouldn't be...we prayed hard specifically that I'd get my bfp this cycle and now that I got it, I can't stop worrying! I'm trying my best to give it to God but it's easier said than done!

Thankyou for this, we need all the encouragement we can get! I've been super stressed and I know I shouldn't be...we prayed hard specifically that I'd get my bfp this cycle and now that I got it, I can't stop worrying! I'm trying my best to give it to God but it's easier said than done!

I pray daily that God has plans to prosper and bless his baby. I also pray for peace and he has definitely given it to me. It's also crazy to think that God knows everything about our babies and loves them. It's very comforting.

Thank you for making this post!

I'm now 10 weeks along and have a really easy pregnancy. I'm worried because it may suggest something is wrong. I hear about missed miscarriages, and begin panicking. My doctor hasn't sent me for an U/S yet. My first prenatal appointment is in two weeks (12 weeks along). I'm not sure if I should just call and get him to put my mind at ease or not... arg.

If it's any consolation to you ladies, I have almost no symptoms besides being a bit extra tired and extra hungry (which I was almost convinced were just me being lazy and a piggy). Yet yesterday I saw two fat wiggly babies on my ultrasound with matching heartrates of 174.

I prefer to feel that my body is just handling this pregnancy very well.

Hope- MMC happen, but not as often as the internet makes it seem. Chances are you're having a very healthy pregnancy. And like Darkstar said, maybe your body is just handling it like a champ.

Hope- MMC happen, but not as often as the internet makes it seem. Chances are you're having a very healthy pregnancy. And like Darkstar said, maybe your body is just handling it like a champ.

Thank you Littlejune! That is really encouraging.

Forums, like this, are a "beacon" of support for many, many women. There is a statistically higher number of women who have experienced a MC or MMC, because they are seeking support and solidarity from others have have had a similar experience.

Exactly. It's hard for us to remember that only about 25% or less of clinically recognized (blood tested) pregnancies end in miscarriage when we visit forums like this where some poor souls have multiple losses in their signatures.

In reality, by far the most common outcome of a positive pregnancy test is having a baby 8 months later!

well i think i have something today lol - Sore breasts,gas, bloating, hungry but full as soon as i eat something
xx

That's me to a T! I start really craving something, cook it, take 2 bites and it tastes gross.

Thank you very much for this post. It is hard to balance the posts we see here with our own experiences. I think if you want an indication of how your pregnancy will go, it's better to look at your sisters or mom than compare to those not related to you.

I finally told my mom I am pregnant last night and she told me she only had a little nausea with 1/3 pregnancies. So it makes total sense that I have none so far. I read that 20-30 percent of women don't have morning sickness. So be glad if you are the 1/5.

I had a very easy, very minimally symptom pregnancy. The whole this was easy, very easy! And I have a beautiful healthy boy. I got very lucky, but there were times I would worry too much, but it really help me enjoy my pregnancy more by trusting everything was okay.

tracyandlee- super normal!! I have recently gotten terrible indigestion and heartburn, but they didn't show up until around 11.5 wks.

oneill- amen so true!

mushymilk- really good to hear that from an experienced mom. I think as ftm, we can get freaked out from the newness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->