To buy OPK's or to not buy OPK's?

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
That is the question...

Dh wants to approach our TTC as more of a NTNP type thing but I think I will be really interested to use OPK's to see when I actually start ovulating after stopping the bcp...

I don't want to waste a bunch of them if I do take forever to get a cycle back, but I don't want to miss a chance if I do ovulate first month off of them...
Plus, I think I'll just enjoy being able to poas for a whole month! haha

What are you planning to do when you start TTC?

I say YES use them. OPKs are my go-to ttc tool. You can buy wondfo strips on Amazon and they work great. $20 for 50 strips.

I say go for it! You can often buy them in bulk online for great prices. They won't be fancy OPKs, but they will get the job done and you won't feel bad for "wasting" them. :D

I did..because I didn't want to guess and have sex every other day.

I read on a few websites though that it's best to test every 12 hours rather than once a day. That would obvioulsy get expensive unless you find a great bulk price online.

I test once a day until my line starts to get darker and/or I know I'm close to ovulation. Then I step it up to twice a day for a couple days. I swear by the wonfos. They are cheap and work very well (much better than wondfo HPTS which I think are crap). I sometimes have anovulatory cycles due to a hormone imbalance and I can tell when this is happening because my OPKs will be positive at the beginning of my cycle (and then all the way through that cycle). Very handy. To be honest, neither me nor my hubby want to have sex every other day all month because we feel like we have to.

Thanks. I agree with sex every day or every other day would almost be too much :rofl:
Do you know how long it will take in the mail to get here? Wondering when I should order them

It depends where you live and where you order from..and what shipping option you choose. That is with ordering anything online.

I like Ebay for things just because I can pick buyers that live in the same time zone as me which means I get it within 2-3 days. You just put in your zip code and you can sort by "distance first".

you can chose your shipping speed if you order them from Amazon. If you are anywhere in the states the cheapest shipping gets them there in 5-8 business days. You can buy OPKs at the store they are just more expensive.

Ok Thanks! I bought some off Amazon. They will be here in a week, but I don't need them for a month haha

:thumbup: I think you will really like having them. Less guesswork in your cycle.

I think you'll like having them. We bought some to start tracking this month and we aren't going to ttc until August. Personally, I think they are super useful to have!

I'm definitely going to get them. I'm over 30 and was diagnosed with PCOS in the past, so if I'm not ovulating I would want to know as soon as possible so we can go to the dr sooner.

I bought some off of ebay, but they are coming from China, so it should be a while until they get here. I plan on doing them once a day, then 2 times a day to confirm O.

I've got some cheap ones which I'm using every day, then when the line gets darker I've got some clear blue digital ones so I can take the guess work out of "is that line dark enough" and just wait for the smiley face!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->