To buy or to rent a birthing pool?

mrsp14

Reaction score
So i'm wanting a HWB but not sure if its best to buy a second hand pool and new liner or to hire one.

I did think if i bought a pool i could then maybe rent it out after... or dd could use it as a padddling pool lol

Im sure though having looked around though that its cheaper to buy and would cause less stress than having to worry about hiring a pool for the right times!!! I think if i rented i'd feel the pressure of havning to go into labour during that time frame and i want to go naturally stress free!!!

What do you think ladies?

I bought mine from eBay. It was second hand as it had been filled to test but was never used during the birth so effectively brand new. I got it for £55 and it's an egg shaped birth pool in a box with extras! I will either sell it on afterwards or keep it for my doulaing so my clients can get benefit from it.:thumbup:

I think renting if you'd like a ridged sided one but buying for inflatable. They come up regularly second hand on eBay, gum tree, free cycle etc and even new you'd get back half your money selling it on. :)

I read on a midwife website that you can buy certain types of kiddie pools and use them just fine as birthing pools. This would be a super inexpensive way to go, and I'm considering it!

Ive just rented my pool, £80 for everything and 5 weeks hire! Although they delivered it at 36 weeks and i dont need to return it til 42 weeks. Ive posted the link to mine below.

https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk/Book-a-Pool.html

Ive got the Aquaborn :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"