To Dentists/Or Any 1 Who Will Know

babezone

Reaction score
righty so im a fizzy addict lol i used to be proper hooked on coke/pepsi etc which i no is very bad for ya teeth.
now i tend to drink like sugar free fizzy water or sugar free fizzy. but my question is does it still have the same affect on ur teeth as drinking ful sugar stuff. because its fizzy....as i really want my teeth to be ok and i dont want to be damaging them long term??? xx

The best thing to do is drink a glass of water after each fizzy drink to wash the sugar away (or rinse your mouth with water a few times)
Do not brush until atleast 1 hour after drinking fizzy juice!!
Always use a straw and put the straw behind your front teeth
Youre right though sugar free is better than normal but try not to drink more than 2 glasses per day (the fizz does nothing to your teeth the bacteria that causes decay feeds on the sugar/fructose in the drink)

Hope this helps hun xx

yer the fizzy water has next to no sugar in at all it ses less then 1% of recomended daily amount per 250. it was jus the fizz really i didnt no if cus it was stil fizzy it can erode my teeth a such if that makes sence x

Not as bad, but still bad I'm afraid. Try and wean youself off them or brush your teeth an hour or so after having one.. I think it's the acid thats bad.

Like blah said. Its not AS bad but its the acidity that is damaging too, it thins the enamel. not to mention its full of artificial sweetners x

maan even fizzy water? its not so much the favour im addicted to its the fizz xx

fizzy water is fine, i use to be a dental nurse. Ofcourse the best thing to drink is water but fizzy water will be fine for your teeth, the fizz does no harm whatsoever!

BUT

do not brush for ATLEAST an hour after having fizzy juice, wash your mouth out with plenty of water and wait an hour before brushing your teeth. This allows the saliva to neutralise the acid which seeps into the surface enamel. Brushing your teeth destroys the protective layer of enamel, making it easier for the acid to attack it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->