To do list

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
I seem to have completely stalled!!! Still got loads of things on my to do list but can't convince myself to do them now. I feel like I should be doing them closer to the day. Someone please tell me how to get motivated again??

What kind of things do you have left to do?

I've got to this stage again, I've done quite a bit as you know it before that I stalled and really needed a push, now I'm back at this stage! I'm in the middle of sorting to meet a florist which I can't be bothered with and we really need to look at our honeymoon as we want to go to Vegas so we need to know what it's going to cost but neither of us can be bothered :haha:

Still got loads to do :lol: Invites, flower girl dress, his ring, his suits, my shoes, my garter, my hair/nails, Flower girl basket, flowers, buttonholes, cars, accommodation (night before and night of), table plan, venue decs (including centre pieces), music, hen/stag do's, dress alterations....just off the top of my head! Either I have no idea what to do for these things or I think it's too early, or both!! I just need someone to take the responsibility away from me and make the decisions for me :lol:
You must only have a few things left by now at the rate you've been going? x

I've done a lot of things but I done a lot and now I'm stuck again and like you don't know when to do things, what things to leave etc!

From what you put down you could do if you wanted

His ring
Suits
Your shoes
Garter
Flower girl basket
Cars

Invites you can do if you have all the info you need to go on them (we are leaving ours til after Christmas as we are meeting with the venue again so I'm going to get times, what's going on etc then)

Flower girl dress it depends if you have a pretty good idea of size (my flower girls one is a very skinny 21 month old and her sister is 7 months so I won't be able to get their dresses til nearer the time as I haven't a clue on their sizes)

Dress alterations and be done nearer the time so your dress fits perfectly

Hair are you doing yourself or having someone do it? Nails can be left nearer the time

Flowers and buttonholes, do you know what your going for, real or fake?

Table plan you can do when you have your final guest list

Venue decs you can start thinking what you want and depending one what they are you can start getting bits

Hen and stag do's you can get the ball rolling, doesn't mean you have to book anything just have a think about people and what you want to do! Booking anything will all depend on what you do

Accommodation do you know where you'll be staying

Music - any thoughts so far?

Well I have to say I have no clue how I just done that for you because I can't do it for myself hahaha

Hahah, thank you!

Out of that list, I am trying to sort his ring but he can't decide what he likes.
I'm leaving him to organise suits :wacko:
My shoes and my garter I am looking for, but not seen any I like
Flower girl basket I have a pretty good idea what we're doing, just got to do it
Cars - again, that's for him to organise!

Timings aren't confirmed yet for doing the invites, but I'm making them myself so I suppose I could get the design all done and ready for printing. But that's the bit that I need motivation for :lol:

Anything like flower girl dress and my alterations etc will have to be closer the date.

Flowers, MIL is organising. I'm doing the buttonholes but want them to match the BMs flowers a bit so can't do those until the flowers are decided.

Table plan - I know what we're doing...just gotta do it!

I have some ideas for decorations. Again it's actually doing them that I'm stuck on!!

Hen do - well you know where I'm at with that!

Accommodation I haven't got a clue! :wacko: Want to stay at my dads, but then I also want to see my mum before the wedding which would just be difficult if I was at my dads house. So I was thinking the reception venue (coz then I can keep an eye on them setting stuff up too) but I don't want to stay by myself plus there isn't much room in terms of getting ready!! Toughie

And music, not really. Need all the ceremony/signing music

Thanks for your efforts but now I feel like I've just shot them all down :lol: The things I've said I know what we're doing just not done it yet I think I'm putting off incase I change my mind :haha: I just need to commit and get it done!

:rofl: you haven't shot them down though, you've shown you do you where your at :)
Another thing I'm going to do is sort what I have left do do and put them into which month I need to do them so then when it comes to nearer the time I can just go 'ohh it's March this month I need to do this this and this'

Invite a friend round, get a takeaway, some wine and make the invites over a gossip. Doing them while chatting will make it seem less of a chore.

Sometimes things do slow down while you adjust mentally to what needs to happen next, if that makes sense?
I went over to my Mum and Dads to do invites. They all helped and it made it all the more enjoyable.
The hen night I actually let my Mum and bridesmaids take over.. i told them what I dont want to do and let them arrange everything else. Was such a huge weight off when I knew I didnt have to plan or arrange that :)

I don't think I could leave my hen night to my BMs. They don't know each other as it is, and all those invited are all so different I need to be careful what I do/don't plan. Don't want anyone being bored. I'd love to leave it to them though. Haha

I think I'm gonna make a start on designing the invites tonight. Then when it comes to it all I've got to do is print them and stitch them together :thumbup:

I've just changed my mind about centrepieces again too, for the 100th time :dohh:

What are you thinking for your centrepieces now ?

I've already gone back to my sticks idea :dohh: I went for a walk up the woods yesterday to judge how easy it'd be to find sticks and decided it'll be quite time consuming, so changed my centrepiece idea to masses of candles, but now im back to the sticks. I'll just search harder. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->