To have a 4th or not?

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by Flannz94, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Flannz94

Flannz94 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies!

Not sure if this is posted in the right section, but we aren't sure if we should try for baby number four!

We have 3 children already, DS 4.5yrs, DD 3.5 years and DD 9 months.

Financially we are all good, although I would need a bigger car. Our first 3 are easy going kids, and are pretty easy, they have their days though lol. But i'm mainly nervous for the logistics of having 4 kids and also for the cost when they're all a bit older (sporting activities, school excursions etc).

Does anyone here have 4 kids? How was the change? How did the children cope?

TIA :)

2. Beccaboo828

Beccaboo828 Well-Known Member

Hello!! I have 4 kids two of each :laugh2: I can't drive so that didnt affect me but family members do and they got a bigger car which doesn't cost much more to insure etc. I'm very lucky that my children all just go with the flow when it comes to new additions in the home. We are now trying for number 5 lol we must be glutton for punishment Haha my others are 15/13/9 and 6 x

3. Flannz94

Thanks Bec! O:)
    How did you find being pregnant with 3 other kids to look after and working? I remember being so tired after a shift with my third pregnancy lol hahaha 5 will definitely keep you busy :) atleast your 2 older children will be able to lend a hand.

Beccaboo828 likes this.
  4. Beccaboo828

Beccaboo828 Well-Known Member

I guess you just kind of get used to always being tired when working along with everything else lol I'm a support worker for adults with dementia so it's more mental than physical which helps when pregnant x

5. Flannz94

Yeah that’s true. What is sleep :lol:
    Oh that’s good! I’m a nurse on a busy orthopaedic ward so it gets pretty crazy and tiring especially when pregnant lol

Beccaboo828 likes this.
  6. OnErth&InHvn

OnErth&InHvn Waiting on Bee

Preg with #4. Kids are 14, 13 and almost 12. Not planned that gap...

They will adjust fine and I feel better since they are older compared to when they were toddlers and being preg.

7. Flannz94

Oh that is a big age gap for you! You will have 3 extra set of hands to help out :)

8. Suggerhoney

Suggerhoney Well known member

Go for it hon.

Flannz94 likes this.
  9. CharCharxxx

CharCharxxx Well-Known Member

I wrote a similar thread a few weeks back on here! I have 4 age 8, 5, 3 & 1. The 4th was a result of morning after pill failure!! I was panicking at the thought of having 4 it sounds so many! But if I'm honest I find that once you get to 3 or more its just another one! My other kids just loved him so much when he came not really any jealousy etc as they all had each other to keep themselves entertained. I couldnt imagine not having him and so glad I have 4 it's so amazing seeing them all together playing. They do fight and can be bloody hard work but that applies to any amount of kids! If it's in your heart then just go for it. I'm now on the fence about having a 5th Which I never thought I'd say! OH has cancelled his scheduled vasectomy til after christmas lol good luck x

Flannz94 likes this.
  10. Monkei

Monkei Mummy to Maisie

Just be aware if you go for four you could have number five thrown in for good measure :)

Flannz94 likes this.
  11. LadyLovenox

LadyLovenox Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, debating on number 3!!! How is the transition from 2-3?? Honestly the transition from 1 -2 was VERY hard on ME. Not on my son. It was me. I beat myself up worrying I couldn't give either of them 100%, worrying that either of them felt left out at any point, etc.. so I worry that kll go thru that again. My kids are currently 4 and 2. I have a nagging for 1 more but I'm getting "fertility world" old (35) and feel like it's now or never. Talk about pressure!

12. CharCharxxx

CharCharxxx Well-Known Member

Oh i remember that feeling so well! Constant worrying and mum guilt! 1 to 2 is HARD, honestly 2 to 3 i barely noticed! 3 to 4 again not too different. Now contemplating on number 5 not 100% sure yet but wondering what the transition of 4 to 5 would be!! Bonkers I'm guessing haha. If it's in your heart then i would do it :) good luck! X