To test early?

BlueWater

Reaction score
Today is O day.
I am debating with myself whether to buy cheapie tests.

I'm trying to reason with myself whether its a good idea to test early or whether I should wait til late.

Thoughts please.....

How early are you thinking about? Remember that implantation doesn't occur until 6-12dpo, with 9-10dpo being the average. Then it's another 2-4 days before your hcg reaches testable levels.

You can find a breakdown on the accuracy statistics for various dpo here. But really, waiting until at least 14dpo is your best bet! Otherwise, you're going to drive yourself crazy. (And this is coming from a serious POAS addict.)

Most of the ladies here seem to begin testing around 7dpo but I think most do not begin getting their BFP's until 9dpo and later. Some do sooner, but I assume they are the exceptions. I got my first vvvf BFP on the evening of 10dpo (that morning's was negative).

You can't even get a positive at 7dpo, so I think most women start testing then either just because they have the urge to POAS, or so they have a baseline to start comparing tests to. :lol: I am typically an early implanter, so I got a BFP with my son at 9dpo, and a BFP this last cycle at 10dpo (though I unfortunately lost that one). However, if you check out the statistics I linked, that's more of the exception than the rule, since most people haven't even implanted by that point.

As someone who's a habitually early tester (though I'm getting better :lol:), early testing is mostly a lot of disappointment.

I have always had bfps early at 9 dpo. I like to start at about 7dpo because I will know it will be bfn. That way I am not getting my hopes up and if it stays bfn over the next few days I am let down gently and have already lost interest by the time af comes. Of course I spend a bit of time giving myself line eye and peering at evaps but getting my hopes up for testing on a particular day drives me more crazy. Although a bfp before 9 dpo is rare it can happen with twins :).

Ok. Thanks for your messages.
If i get the urge I may test after 10 Dpo, but by the time I'm 12 Dpo af is due anyway.
So I'm on the fence.
I've ordered cheapies, so atleast I'm not spending a tenner on FRER or CB to get disappointed at a negative again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->