To those who have delayed the MMR...

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
I got my MMR letter which is meant to be done on the same day as another one. I'm going to delay the MMR to 15 months but will be bringing her in for the other one so will have to tell them at the time that I'm delaying the MMR.

What reaction have you got from the medical professionals when you told them you were delaying? It'd just be nice to know what I'm letting myself in for!

they go from a range of "pardon?" to "oh no you terrible mother!"
When I did it with C my Dr was actually entirely understanding. He made sure I understood what I was doing and then was perfectly fine with it. Just look them straight in the eyes and say "This is my decision"

i just didnt make an appt :shrug:

x

This is what I would have done normally but I want her to the have other one that they were going to give on the same day so have to go in for that one and explain myself!

hmm cant u just say you dont want them given on the same day and say you will book an appt for the next week for the mmr?

x

we've delayed K's vaccs and have just cancelled the appointments and not made any, when the HV asked when we were doing them (at a weighing clinic) we just said we were delaying and would make our appointment when we were ready. dont think you have to explain yourself really? (you'd hope not!)

My HV automatically made me an appointment and said "here you go" just minutes after id told her i was thinking of delaying it, so i went down to reception and cancelled it right away, cheeky bint :hissy:

What age is the MMR given there? Over here it's due at 15mths but she got chicken pox at 15mths and just as she was starting to get over that she got a horrible awful cold so she still hasn't had it done yet.

It's usually 12-13 months here

its the autism scare mainly i think for most people, my mam is really worried about it and ive pretty much not gotten leyla it cos my mam begged me not to, at least until shes a bit older, shes done a fair bit of research on it and has some good reasons for not getting it done but i am shattered atm and cant think of them lol

x

oh and also the mercury, but thats in a lot of vaccines, not just mmr (actually i think uk has got rid of all mercury in vaccines as it is really *really* dangerous)

x

What reasons are there to delay the MMR?

My reason was that the research I had done had all pointed to the fact that it wasn't absorbed into the system properly until at least 15months. Ed was 16months when he had his

As for the reaction I got, I was actually quite suprised. The first person I told I was delaying was the nurse and she was all for it, she even went off and had a look for herself and told me she would now advise parents to delay based on her research. The second person (doctor) just gave me the 'I know better than you' look but didn't say anything and then the other doctor just smiled at me nodded his head and said 'good choice'
I wouldn't worry about explaining yourself, just tell the nurse your not having yet if she asks why tell her because you don't want it yet

What reasons are there to delay the MMR?

My reason was that the research I had done had all pointed to the fact that it wasn't absorbed into the system properly until at least 15months. Ed was 16months when he had his

This is why I'm delaying, not a case of not wanting it done at all. Although if I could have separate vaccines I would but that doesn't seem possible. If she's going to have it done, I want to know it's going to be effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->