To those who have experienced labour before - How long were you 'pushing'??

#1 - started pushing at 4pm(ish). She was born at 7:49pm.
#2 - started pushing at 3:30am. He was born at 4:44am.

90 mins of pushing here roughly. Was my first and they were impressed/ happy that was all it was. Especially with how big she was 9 lbs 3 oz, 22 inches. They said most take at least two hours of pushing.

2 minutes of pushing with ds.
I'm hoping for the same this time 😊

5hrs here. Baby got stuck, transferred to labour ward and delivered with forceps in theatre. My first stage was documented as only 5hrs 40! Not anticipating the same problems this time though as baby seems to be smaller and in a better position.

2nd baby was much, much better. I was 6cms just before 5pm and DS was born at 6.48pm. Pushed for around 30mins. My waters didnt go until two pushes before his head was out. I think if my waters had gone earlier it would have been even quicker.

Baby one about 30 mins 9lbs 11oz
Baby two about 10 mins 7lb 6oz
Baby three about 5 mins!! 9lb 9oz
Hoping baby four isn't born in the car!!!

With all three about 3 or 4 pushes .... Very very lucky :happydance: they were all pretty small babies so not sure if that's got a lot to do with it ?

My last one was 69 min from start to finish 9 mins of pushing time she wasn't waiting for know one lol xx

About 2 hrs. 45 mins. :) It went by FAST though!!
ETA: I don't admit this often...but for a good portion of it, I wasn't pushing at full strength. I was afraid I'd poo. :blush::rofl:
Once I saw the 2.5 hour mark, I for some reason got scared that the midwives/nurses would get worried and push a c-section (they NEVER mentioned it, I was just paranoid) so then I started pushing as hard as I could, and he was out 15 mins. later. My DH never lets me forget it since I admitted that to him. :haha: Oh, and for the record, I didn't poo. :thumbup: LOL

I believe I was fully dilated by the time my epidural started kicking in. I did get feelings of pressure down there (and took my gas and air again) which I guess was the urge to push numbed down? The dr tried to get me to push but then said that the head needed to get a bit lower. I think I was sat there for 1 hour and around 40 mins till dd was born. I just didn't know how to push...I felt like I needed to use the toilet. Once I figured out how to push it felt like it only took a few pushes...

Three hours.... I ended up with forceps though. Hoping this one will be much quicker!

20 minutes of me actually pushing. I think she was pretty low by the time I started though. I panicked, pushed too hard & ended up with a third degree tear. Hoping to take it a bit slower this time!

2 and a half hours then ended up with forcep delivery x

You're all lucky! I was pushing for an hour and a half!!! Between each contraction I felt like I could just fall asleep!
Same here if not longer however with my second, I pushed for maybe 4 minutes!

I pushed for 51mins BUT I was asleep between each pushing contraction so im sure i could of done it quicker had i of actually been awake :haha: no cuts or tears just a very small graze.

Hoping this time will be quicker :) x

1st 10mins
2nd 15mins
3rd i dont know but she was out within 3 pushes i was only in pool 27mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->