• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To those who have experienced labour before - How long were you 'pushing'??

Actively for 20 minutes but my body was doing it on it's own before, the midwife was adamant that I didn't need to push so I just got on with it :)

2 hours. My ds kept playing peek a boo as the doctors called it lol

Approx 10 mins 2nd stage with ds1, back to back. Didn't take a copy of my birth notes so can't be 100% sure, it's was quick enough to surprise the mw!

No pushing with ds2, contractions did it themselves as I was kneeling up. On my birth notes it's says vertex visible 11.25, delivered 11.28 so I'm guessing it was recorded as 3 minutes. I only had one mw present, so I'm guessing it took her by surprise lol.

Small babies helped (7lbs &7lbs5oz) but RLT played a role I reckon!

3.5hrs before a doctor took pity on me and used the vontouse!

Over 4 hours. My doctor said I didn't wanna know lol. But my son was tipped a bit sideways. It honestly felt like 15 minutes. I know it sounds bad, but it really went by FAST. I was shocked when I saw a clock.

I took RLT with first I was pushing for about an hour. My second I did not take no RLT and I pushed three times.

20 minutes , my body was just doing it for me. I barely had to do a thing. 3 pushes from me

4 pushes, my ds didn't want to hang around! He arrived 8 minutes after I arrived at the hospital x

40 minutes ... Felt a lot quicker to me lol

About 45 minutes I think, but didn't feel that long

6 pushes, 3 contractions. Would have been less but my son's shoulders got stuck. It was very quick.

2 or 3 minutes, took 2 pushes and he was out. He had gone into distrsss so they cut me and were just about to out the little cap thing to help when I pushed and his head came out I pushed again and the rest of him came out. About 5 minutes later I pushed again and delivered the placenta so it was all over pretty quick.

5 and a half hours.... Eventually resulting in a failed ventouse, forceps, postpartum haemorrhage and very bruised mommy. Hope for a better experience next time :0)

5hrs here. Baby got stuck, transferred to labour ward and delivered with forceps in theatre. My first stage was documented as only 5hrs 40! Not anticipating the same problems this time though as baby seems to be smaller and in a better position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->