To those who have experienced labour before - How long were you 'pushing'??

30 minutes for me. Sorry if I already posted here. I can't remember and too lazy to look lol.

I also had a graze and stung like crazy. Also took nearly 4 months to heal. With my lb (first and only) I was pushing for nearly for hours. Although this may seem long compared to previous comments I had two lots of diamorphine which can really slow down labour

I pushed for 5 hours. You know, I'd had enough, but I never thought I couldn't do it. Mw was happy her heart rate was fine and I was fine, so it wasn't an issue and intervention was never suggested :) x

I pushed for 2.5 hours. It was brutal, he was posterior and had his head tilted so just would not come out. Just narrowly missed having forceps.

I pushed for 90 minutes, my baby was back to back and I was in agony so I ended up being numbed from the waist down and having a forceps delivery and an episiotomy. Oh the joys! :dohh:

It was my first [and only so far] and I pushed for 38 minutes. My contractions were messed up though. 3 back to back with little to no break between, then a 5 minute break, repeat :wacko: I also took the RLT and Evening primrose oil. I think they both helped with the pushing part! :D

Don't remember exact time but 3+ hours, baby got stuck and had ventouse assistance. 3rd degree interanal and external tearing so needed lots of stitches. Let's hope this time is easier:thumbup: x

45 minutes for me but it didn't feel like 45 minutes at all it went by so fast.

Does it feel longer when you are pushing for 2+ hours? I'm curious

I pushed for 10 minutes or so he was out in 3 pushes. I drank rlt since 36 weeks, I attempted to have an epidural (had to have a second put in since first didnt work, the second one the cannula came out of my back because they kept having me turn from side to side so by the time I delivered it had completely worn off I had felt everything for the last 3 hrs) im not sure if the tea helped or the fact that I could feel everything helped or not this was my first baby.

45 mins first time, 10 mins 2nd time. I was standing up 2nd time instead of lying on my back which was a MASSIVE help and also meant no tear instead of borderline 3rd I had first time!

I was in labor for 23 hours with dd..I was induced at 37wks1d due to preE and I only pushed for 1hr. I wanted her out..lol. =]

with my first 2 contractions, with my second it took 3. So overall, probably less than 5 minutes combined for both babies.

First baby one hour but felt shorter.
Second baby 9 minutes but it felt like forever as part of my cervix wasn't thinned enough and I had to stop my body from pushing for forty five minutes! Ultimate torture!
Third baby two minutes and a walk in the park!

First baby.... 5hours from fully dilated to forceps delivery, he was well and truly stuck! Hope if Im lucky enough to have another that its much quicker!

My pushing stage was about 20 minutes. I don't remember actually actively, deliberately pushing. Like, making the decision to push. My body just did it, beyond my control! My DD was delivered with three contractions. The first crowned her head, then the second birthed her head. It was a full five minutes before the third and final contraction and pushed to birth her body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->