To vacinate or not?

my sister has always had a bad reaction to injections, and it didnt stop my mum vacinating her. turns out shes allergic to something they use in all injections. her arm or leg swells when she has a injection :S

I suppose its a bit like the Flu jab, can make you a litte bit poorly, but its protecting you against getting very sick, iykwim? So worth it in my eyes :thumbup: xx

not only is she allergic to a substance in every injection she has asthma so has to have the flu jab too lol i laugh at her about it lol

my sister has always had a bad reaction to injections, and it didnt stop my mum vacinating her. turns out shes allergic to something they use in all injections. her arm or leg swells when she has a injection :S

I suppose its a bit like the Flu jab, can make you a litte bit poorly, but its protecting you against getting very sick, iykwim? So worth it in my eyes :thumbup: xx

not only is she allergic to a substance in every injection she has asthma so has to have the flu jab too lol i laugh at her about it lol

My OH and 2 of the kids have Asthma, every year i try and persuade OH to have flu jab but on his first one he was quite ill. But every Xmas he gets flu really bad :wacko::dohh: I've told him he's having it this year if he likes it or not, rather be a bit off colour for a day or so than have the flu for 2 weeks at Xmas! Pansy....lol x

My DD has had all her vaccinations to date and it will continue that way. I would much rather her have that little protection than none at all.. Even if she were to contract something she was vac'd against her body would have more chance of fighting it.. If there was a suit of armour I could buy her to protect her from every little fall/bump I would buy it.. I can't understand why any parent would take a risk that huge considering some of the diseases that our LO's are vaccinated against can in fact be deadly. It doesn't make logical sense to me at all. I mean each to their own but like I said not a risk I'm willing to take.

My DD has had all her vaccinations so far and will continue to do so. I think alot of the anti vax arguments are a bunch of scare mongering rather than based on actual facts

What about if ur child gets sick? The first thing u would do is haul them off to the hospital / doc for medical treatment. For those that dont vaccinate....a question.

If your child did catch one of these diseases that we can immunise against, would you then accept medical treatment to treat the disease? Because chemicals may be injected then to treat the condition etc? Or medication (ie antibiotics) may be needed?

Wouldnt it be better to prevent it in the first place? Esp seeing as many of these diseases can have long term ill effects?

Antibiotics (the treatment) contain preservatives and non-synthetic ones are produced in similar ways to vaccines (grown up and purified).

Antibiotics treatment upsets the normal flora of the body, causing long-lasting sequelae as the body readjusts, and possible co-infection by opportunistic pathogens.

Surgery (if required) involves some of the most potent toxins known to man - anaesthetic compounds. Recovery from surgery is a serious business too.

Hospitals themselves expose a child to many, many more bacterial pathogens (including more drug-resistant strains) than when in the community, and the routine monitoring of patients (blood pressure, glucose tests, blood draws) is also invasive and stressful on bodies.

Some food for thought :flower: At the end of the day tho i totally respect each persons right to make the choice for their child.

Kyle has had all of his and will cintinue to do so.. Look at this we stopped giving the TB jab because it was no longer in england, open up the door to the EU TB has now come back into the Uk.. We got rid of these problems by Vac's by not giving them because where ever you live no longer has the virus is mute the viruses are coming back because people no longer Vac.. Id rather my child be ill for a few days or whatever than worse from no Vac's

TB - https://www.english.rfi.fr/france/20110525-tuberculosis-comes-back

Measles - https://english.aljazeera.net/video/europe/2011/04/2011421195516254244.html

We've got everything (bar swine flu jab) for Seth.

Just think if he mixed with a child who was poorly & hadn't been vaccinated if the child got measles or anything it could be very dangerous to their health and I wouldn't want to be responsible for that.

xxx

Arianna has had all her vaccines :thumbup:. I don't judge anyone who doesn't though, how someone else raises their child isn't my business (unless its abuse of course, and imo not getting vaccines is not abuse).

I and OH have also both had all our childhood vaccines (+ the gardisil shot for me - no reactions to it) and neither of us are ever sick. I think immune systems are also down to genetics.

I am not anti-vaccinations and I don't think they are as sinister overall as some make them out to be; however I don't think its ethical that doctors surgeries get paid at least £7k a year by the NHS if they ensure all their patients are vaccinated, and also in the UK in many cases HCPs are not passing on important information about vaccines provided by the manufacturer. In many cases vaccine inserts are not even given to parents nor are they told that certain reactions mean that the child is dangerously allergic to that vaccine and should not under any circumstances be given further doses of that vaccine. Two of my boys had serious reactions to the pediacel vaccine with long lasting implications, both of them became very poorly on the day they had the vaccine, stopped gaining weight completely (after previously gaining around 1lb a week) and then started losing weight. Second eldest stopped growing very much in length or head circumference either which could have had long term implications for his development. I know several other mums whose LOs had similar reactions but only in one case was the GP smart enough to look into it; realise it was an allergic reaction and advise the mum to not give further doses of the vaccine and to proceed with caution with any future babies. My youngest hasn't had the pediacel vaccine, I think I will have it given to him at some point but I am weighing up when it will be safe to do so.

It says in the insert for most vaccines that if you're allergic to certain ingredients in the vaccine and you have a reaction like this; or a certain type of rash then you shouldn't have any further doses of that vaccine or if it is known prior to having it; you shouldn't have it at all. Allergic reactions to vaccines (or indeed any other medicine) can be lethal and even the manufacturers believe that the risks outweigh any benefit from having the vaccine. Its the same as with other types of medicines, I was once on an anti-depressant that worked well for me but I developed swollen joints and a rash from it, I saw my GP and she advised me to stop taking it immediately even though this particular drug was known to have serious side effects if stopped cold turkey; because the potential was next time I took the medication I could have a far more serious reaction such as going into anaphylactic shock.

I am for vaccines.

We recently had an outbreak of measles here and the nurse at the hospital where I gave birth said parents of non vaccinated children were scrambling trying to figure out if they could get the measles vaccine because they were so scared they were going to get sick.

I would also like to point out that there are some issues with the argument that "vaccines haven't been tested." They have not been tested in the sense that there has been no double-blind study to test the efficacy of vaccines. The reason for this, though, is that a double blind study using human subjects would be unethical. A double blind study like this would require a research group to give an actual vaccination to one group of people and a placebo to the second group. Then they would have to put them in contact with, say, measles. Ethical guidelines prevent them from putting an entire group of people in that kind of danger.

My lo has had all vaccines even his bcg I'd never not vaccinate him I think it's terrible that people do as there putting there child at risk as well as older people

I just found this thread after my OH and I had a long talk about whether or not to vaccinate our baby (when he/she is born--I'm only just over 11 weeks along right now). One issue is that I used to work in a daycare, and actually saw with my own eyes a little girl who was happy, developing normally, and social suddenly regress a week or two after she got her vaccines at a little more than 2 years-old. I know a lot of people say the number of children who are diagnosed with autism soon after being vaccinated at that age are a coincidence, but there was something horrible and eerie about it--she'd been such a sunny, talkative little thing, and all of a sudden she didn't want people to come near her. She stopped walking; she stopped playing with toys. A couple of months later she was officially diagnosed with autism.

The other issue is that my OH's older sister is one of the people who had a bad reaction to a childhood vaccine. She had a seizure within hours of getting the injection (I forget which one), and has had epilepsy ever since--seizures that come on completely unexpectedly and prevent her from working in certain fields or living on her own. Her doctor determined it was the vaccine that caused the initial seizure, and she didn't have the follow-up shot, but the damage was already done.

I'm so torn--these two instances terrify me. Although I know most people (myself included) are fine having been vaccinated, you don't know whether a child is going to be hyper-sensitive to an ingredient in a vaccine until it's too late. However, I'm also terrified of exposing my child to potentially deadly illnesses. No conclusions reached, just confused here. :shrug:

My son has gotten all of his vacinations, and will continue to get them. So will second. Including the flu shot, which my husband is very against. Last year him and his daughter did not get it, my son and I did. Couldn't help but say, "I told you so" when they were both curled up on the bathroom floor for a couple days...

I don't buy the argument that doctors only promote them because they're paid to do. So if my pediatrition, with 10 years of schooling and 20 years of experience, says it's a good idea to vacinate, I'm inclined to believe him.

To be honest, I find the idea of not vacinating children very scary... It is true that once in a while someone has an adverse reaction, but that's true with any type of medication, and often is related to an underlying medical issue.

I vaccinated LO, i considered it the safest option.
I am delaying the MMR until 15 months

Can i ask whats the benefits or reasoning for delaying the MMR until 15 months? This is something ill have to consider soon as my DD is 8 months.

Can i ask whats the benefits or reasoning for delaying the MMR until 15 months? This is something ill have to consider soon as my DD is 8 months.

I think there have been some studies that suggest it's better to wait for the baby's immune system to develop a little longer so that the vaccine is more effective. I can't really find any good research either way, though. I plan on asking my doctor at our next appointment (which is next week) to see what he says.

I am for vaccinating. Grace has had all of hers. I couldn't put her at risk of getting a disease I could have prevented plus I couldn't put other children at risk. There is absolutely no evidence that autism and MMR are linked so Grace had that too

I'm for vaccinations. In my opinion, refusing them is a very selfish decision. If someone I knew didn't get them done, then passed on a potentially life threatening illness to my children, particularly before they've reached the age for vaccination, and something happened to my child? I'd be furious. The thought of it makes me angry. People who don't vaccinate rely heavily on the majority of people that do, the reasons the diseases are rare is mainly BECAUSE of vaccinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->