To vacinate or not?

Parents who do not vaccinate their children put my children at risk as well, which is why I feel it is necessary. Here, to get into school, daycare, etc, you have to have them, which is the way it should be. If you choose not to get your child the MMR vaccine, for example, and they are playing at the park, they could have measles but not show signs yet, but are still contagious. Therefore, if I take my 8 or 9 month old to that park, who is not old enough to get the vaccine yet, my baby can get it and die. This has happened more than some are aware of, and it really scares me that some parents choose this decision.

I am not trying to be a b****, but this is something that I feel very strongly about.

couldnt agree more hun

my children are vaccinated with some having been delayed like EJ is getting his MMR on thursday now hes over 15 months old and his body has had time to adjust to the last set of jabs he had 3 months ago. both have had the BCG as well, I had all the vaccines as a child and thankful i did because i know personally 3 guys who didnt get vaccinated and caught measles and chicken pox within 2 years of each other as teens and now have been checked and verified as sterile ! so much for these lovely guys who would make great fathers wanting children they cant now have them. its for this and many other reasons why i have chosen the vaccine route for my children. and why i had the swine flu jab when pregnant with EJ and will have it again this time if outbreaks become common in my area during this pregnancy ( i heavily researched this particular choice of mine ), its down to parents how they vaccinate their kids or if they choose not to entirely but it should be based on hard facts as well as their personal feelings on the matter

I will vaccinate my child with any of the recommended vaccines that are free of human cell lines. I have already contacted the main manufacturer used for infant vaccines in the US, so I know which ones use human cell lines and which ones use animal cell lines. :flower:

We will be getting most vaccinations, MMR, TB, Polio, Hepatitis, diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis, but skipping the influenza, swine flu, gardasil, and other less tested vaccines. I feel pretty confident in the ones we will be getting as they have been around long enough that they have seen how they affect people years down the line. I understand that the flu shots have been used frequently with no problems, but we will not be getting them for our children.

my children are vaccinated with some having been delayed like EJ is getting his MMR on thursday now hes over 15 months old and his body has had time to adjust to the last set of jabs he had 3 months ago. both have had the BCG as well, I had all the vaccines as a child and thankful i did because i know personally 3 guys who didnt get vaccinated and caught measles and chicken pox within 2 years of each other as teens and now have been checked and verified as sterile ! so much for these lovely guys who would make great fathers wanting children they cant now have them. its for this and many other reasons why i have chosen the vaccine route for my children. and why i had the swine flu jab when pregnant with EJ and will have it again this time if outbreaks become common in my area during this pregnancy ( i heavily researched this particular choice of mine ), its down to parents how they vaccinate their kids or if they choose not to entirely but it should be based on hard facts as well as their personal feelings on the matter

Chicken pox is not covered in the MMR?? We do not get vaccinated against chicken pox in the UK.

Definitely all for vaccines :thumbup: I would rather have her fussy for a day after getting a vaccination then have her sick or even die because I decided not to protect her from illnesses.

Chicken pox is not covered in the MMR?? We do not get vaccinated against chicken pox in the UK.

Chicken pox isnt vaccinated against in the UK because when caught as a child ( post 18 months old but prior to puberty ) then fatalitys are so extremely rare its considered better to be exposed and contract chicken pox in this time frame than to vaccinate agaisnt it since most teens and adults seem to carry " herd immunity " because the ppl they are around most have already had it then its rare that its transmitted between older age groups. but when contracted after puberty it can caus problems in fertility for men. My father contracted CP after i took it home from school and was quite ill as a result much more so than me and my sisters who were all children at the time. CP is also dangerous to pregnant women so as long as im not pregnant id rather vaccinate ( doesnt protect fully but certainly reduces the effects of the illness if ever caught ) or expose my sons to it before they reach puberty

I grew up outside the UK and in NZ you can request the CP vaccine to be done at the start of puberty if your child hasnt had CP before then ( or at least you could when i was a kid )

Chicken pox isnt vaccinated against in the UK because when caught as a child ( post 18 months old but prior to puberty ) then fatalitys are so extremely rare its considered better to be exposed and contract chicken pox in this time frame than to vaccinate agaisnt it since most teens and adults seem to carry " herd immunity " because the ppl they are around most have already had it then its rare that its transmitted between older age groups. but when contracted after puberty it can caus problems in fertility for men. My father contracted CP after i took it home from school and was quite ill as a result much more so than me and my sisters who were all children at the time. CP is also dangerous to pregnant women so as long as im not pregnant id rather vaccinate ( doesnt protect fully but certainly reduces the effects of the illness if ever caught ) or expose my sons to it before they reach puberty

I grew up outside the UK and in NZ you can request the CP vaccine to be done at the start of puberty if your child hasnt had CP before then ( or at least you could when i was a kid )

You can, but you have to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->