To wait, NTNP, or just not do it at all?

tkeith8109

Reaction score
My husband and I decided in March that we would start ttc this fall as long as we had some stuff paid off and were able to really work on our savings. Since then we have both said that we are content with the 2 that we have. Just within the past few weeks I have started thinking about #3 again. I am a firm believer that if you are still thinking about it then you probably aren't done. However, I don't want to have another baby knowing we can't really afford child care. I want to be able to enjoy the pregnancy and not stress out over money. So, before I ask for some advice I am going to give my reasons for having and not having another one.

1. I had my thyroid removed last Nov. and have PCOS so me having kids later in life will probably not be possible. I would like to be done by time I'm 31 or 32 at the latest, if not sooner.

2. For so long I was told that having another kid would not be a good idea because of my thyroid and I was pre diabetic and obese. Now that I have lost weight, my thyroid problem is in control and I am not longer pre diabetic I feel like I deserve to be able to make that decision. I felt like not having kids was a medical decision and that really upset me for a while. Now that I can have kids I feel like I should.

3. A reason not to is child care is really expensive. Over $200/ wk and we just really can't afford that. Me staying at home isn't an option either. Also, we have one of each and we have a great relationship with our kids. Even though they have said they wouldn't mind a sibling, I worry that one will feel left out. Our kids are 4 and 6 so they are in school through the day so we don't have to pay for child care. Having a baby means we have to spend the next 4 years paying for child care. We have said that we would rather put more money towards sports and our current kids rather than add a kid we don't know or have yet. However, I can't shake this feeling of wanting to grow our family one last time. I know 3 would be it for us. How do we make the decision to have another or just stick with 2? I know that we can only make the decision for ourselves, but having other opinions or stories to think about will definitely help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->