To wait or not to wait?

maybebaby3

Proud mum of 4!
Reaction score
My DD is desperate for a sister. DH and I were considering staying team :yellow: this time as we found out with the other 3 but I'm not sure whether it'd be better to prepare DD either way. I'd love to give her a sister as we already also have 2 boys so I'm crossing fingers for team :pink: though I know I'd love a :blue: baby just as much.

My youngest was busting for a girl, we decided to find out in case and are glad we did, it's a boy!! She was a bit sad for a coup,e of days ( actually burst into tears when we told them!) but is now really excited and looking forward to it xx

If it was me I wouldn't, but only because I'd be scared that I'd be one of the few they got the gender wrong for and I wouldn't want to say "yes you're getting a sister!!" only to find out it was a boy. But I'm a worrywart :haha:

If it was me I wouldn't, but only because I'd be scared that I'd be one of the few they got the gender wrong for and I wouldn't want to say "yes you're getting a sister!!" only to find out it was a boy. But I'm a worrywart :haha:

I hadn't thought of that :wacko:

I was in this exact situation with my last baby! I had a little girl and two boys and my daughter was desperate for a sister. We weren't going to find out but decided we should as she was already going round telling everyone I was having a girl! Turned out to be another boy. She was upset for about 5 minutes and then was fine. She absolutely worships the ground he walks/crawls on now, a little mother hen. I would say if you think she is gonna be disappointed it's best to find out before, give her chance to get used to another boy. I think if I had just had my little man and she came in and started crying my hormones and everything I would have probably started crying too!!

I hadn't thought of that :wacko:

it happened to my parents- I was supposed to be a boy :haha:. But that was 26 years ago, scans have got a lot clearer now! According to my hospital only 5% of parents are told the wrong gender. I just know I'd be in that 5% :haha:.

I have to say I wanted to have a surprise with number 3but became ds1 was so desperate for a sister and so convinced the baby was a girl I did find out and when it turned out we were having a 3rd boy it took a while well to convince him that he was having a brother so I'm glad I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->