To Wait or NOT????

AMV

Reaction score
I need some advice and since we aren't openly telling people that we're ttc, I'm turning to you ladies! I was really hoping to get my BFP this month, but AF came this morning. I just researched what my due date would be if I get my BFP this cycle and it would be exactly one week after my brother's wedding. I would never ever ever want to miss this big day, but there is a chance I would. What if I go early?! I certainly can't help that. We just really want a baby and I'd hate to skip this month of tc due to this conflict. I need good HONEST advice. xxx

Your not even pregnant so I wouldn't be worrying about due dates going overdue or early.

My sisters wedding is overseas and when she gets married I'll be 8 months pregnant. Unfortunately I'll miss her wedding, and she'll miss the birth of my first child but I decided it was worth TTC right now. If you think your brothers wedding is more important than hold off on TTC for now because you can get pregnant at anytime.

It's a hard decision. We're probably going to take the next couple cycles off to avoid date conflicts. While I really, really want a baby I feel it's the right decision for us. You just have to do what's right for you. I don't think there's a right or wrong decision in this case.

We're also not telling anyone we're TTC so I definitely turn to these boards a lot!

Ultimately, it is very difficult to schedule pregnancy. I have tried for some time to do that, and have failed each time. I recommend moving forward with your life, because if it takes you years to get pregnant, you will be cursing yourself for even missing one chance.

I'm conflicted on this one - we are stopping after this next cycle because of scheduling issues. Primarily b/c I'd rather not have an xmas baby, but also because it hits my crazy-busy time at work, and I'd rather not leave my employer in a lurch during my maternity leave. Not major reasons, I know, but we're also not years in the making TTC.

FWIW, my SIL was at my wedding, and gave birth 5 days later. She was there till pretty late, and granted she was tired - but she was there! My niece was born on her due date, which was a nice surprise :). They're local, so that helped a lot. Are you close to your brother (proximity)?

I'm conflicted on this one - we are stopping after this next cycle because of scheduling issues. Primarily b/c I'd rather not have an xmas baby, but also because it hits my crazy-busy time at work, and I'd rather not leave my employer in a lurch during my maternity leave. Not major reasons, I know, but we're also not years in the making TTC.

FWIW, my SIL was at my wedding, and gave birth 5 days later. She was there till pretty late, and granted she was tired - but she was there! My niece was born on her due date, which was a nice surprise :). They're local, so that helped a lot. Are you close to your brother (proximity)?

Super close in proximity and in our relationship. Really, the only way I won't be there is if I give birth that day! I will do what it takes to get there otherwise. I'm not worried about how tired, fat or ugly I may feel. I'm just worried about the circumstances I can't control.

One of those circumstances is when we'll be able to conceive. It COULD take years and I think I would regret it if I didn't try for the sake of the wedding if that's the case. Thanks ladies!

The chances of you giving birth on that 1 particular day are quite small :) especially if its not your due date! I personally wouldnt stop trying. As the others have said, you'd hate to miss that 1 chanxe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->