Today has been super hard to be a student midwife :(

Court28

Reaction score
I went out on placement with a midwife today, and we did a couple of antenatal appointments and a postnatal one at a birthing centre :(
When i saw the woman with her newborn baby i was like "aww so cute!" and then I saw the car seat in the corner of the room and I nearly burst into tears :cry: I wanted it to be me that was putting MY baby in that car seat :( :(
Was a tough day, remind me of why im waiting again.......?!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh hun sending you hugs, its horrid when it kicks you like that isn't it! No wisdom to offer just hugs x

What a kick in the teeth huh. I'm a nurse in a GP surgery and I see lots of happy mums and couples with their brand new wee one. My poor ovaries start crying!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I understand. I get this a lot in my nannying job and doula training [and my boss is pregnant :cry:]. I hope you can hang in there, hun, and don't forget: waiting is hard, but each day we wait is a day closer to TTC and one extra day of financial security, preparedness etc. Each day of your placement brings you closer to finishing your course and having that bundle in your arms!

I hope that you have some better days on placement where the antenatal appointments will be a source of joy, instead. We're all here for you, in the mean time. :hugs:

im a student midwife too :) cant say its ever bothered me in a negative way, i get a longing sometimes but it mostly just makes me excited. (though now iv had a baby im pretty sure its going to be: you have no idea what your letting yourself in for haha)

one of my close friends who is also a student midwife is having an operation that might leave her infertile- if shes not already. that must be pretty tough :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->