Today's the day

oneday123

Reaction score
I've just come off the pill, had my 7 day break and today would be the first day of my new pack. So, in theory, today is our first day of not trying, not preventing :happydance: it's so exciting!!

Yay for NTNP! How long are ya'll gonna go that route til you decide to TTC?

Good luck! My DH and I have just decided to come off the pill, so I've got 3 pills left then calling it a day. We will be NTNP too for the first few months.

To be honest I'm not sure how long. We'll just see what happens to start with - I mean I've read it can take on average 6 months anyway, so may give it 9-12 months and if nothing's happened by then will start trying properly. I'm just going to see how things go and whether I get too impatient :)

Good luck to everyone else ntnp as well! xx

Same with my husband. I told him I want to have our first kid by the age of 27 (I turn 25 in November) and we just started officially NTNP a week ago. But if by my 26th birthday I haven't become pregnant I'm going to suggest we do real trying...

Hi!! I am new too... can I join in :)

I came off the pill half way through the pack :wacko: 5days ago, had withdrawl bleed for 4 days straight after and now my OH has gone to work for 2 weeks :dohh:

I am hoping by going off the pill earlier I will be ready for when he gets back :)

We're ntnp because my OH is a little reluctant to be ttc for our second so I'm trying to make it as less stressful as possible!

Welcome mommy! And congrats on your hubby agreeing to NTNP on your second! How long did it take you the first time?

Welcome mommy! And congrats on your hubby agreeing to NTNP on your second! How long did it take you the first time?

Thanks :)..... Our ds was a great surprise, while I wa on the pill so this is our 1st time actually trying!!... It's taken me 6 months to convince my OH to have another!... He's reluctently said yes so there's no going back now :haha:.... I know that he'll be absolutely smitten once second one is born, just like he was with our ds!

So there seems to be a few of us just off the pill! Its a weird one because you just don't know how long it ill take to start ovulating again, its not like just stopping using condoms, there's more guesswork of what's happening in our bodies. But I hope it doesn't take 6 months!

Has anyone ever been told to try try NOT to fall pregnant in the first cycle after coming off the pill, until you have a proper AF? This is what I was told (by the nurse) before trying for Flora. I can't remember the reason though? Anyway if that's the case realistically it would be 6 weeks before 1st ovulation after my next proper AF, which seems like ages to wait to try - sorry NTNP (!) - for another baby. Plus AF could come early or late... I guess if I really am NTNP I should try and relax about it! :dohh:

Greenlady... I have read that it is wise to wait until your proper AF until trying as it is then easier for doctors to date your pregnancy as they use the date of your last period.... it's much harder to date (although they can do a scan) if you haven't had a period.

TBH I don't really mind if the doctors can't get an exact date, I'm too impatient!!

Well after starting this thread 3 months ago, I am very happy to announce that I am currently 5 weeks pregnant! Soooo shocked it happened so quickly. Petrified something is going to go wrong as its so early. No symptoms really, almost want something so I will feel pregnant, but sure ill have enough quickly enough ;-) xxx

aww that is lovely congratulations xxxxx so soon you lucky thing.

Congratulations!!! May I ask if NTNP by using the pull-out method or did you actually have unprotected sex and it happened this quickly??

So happy for you!!!

Unprotected sex. But we weren't charting like some people do. I don't understand any of that!! It just happened quickly so we were very lucky. Had pain and small a bleed over weekend (which has thankfully stopped now) so had an early scan to make sure everything was ok. It was amazing. Saw baby's heart beating away at only 5+5. They were very happy and just got to wait for normal appointments now :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->