Toddler free night...

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Baby France, Nov 12, 2011.

?

How often does your child sleep out?

1. Never - we have a babysitter

2. Once a year

3. Once every six months

4. Once a month

5. Twice a month

6. Weekly

7. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Baby France

Baby France Me and my amazing babies!

How often do you get the chance to have a night on your own or with your partner?

We're lucky in that my dad and OH's mum will have the kids sleep over say once a month. That leaves us with two nights together.

Tonight is one of those nights, but after the weeks of sleepless nights we have had, me thinks a takeaway, snuggle on the couch and sleep is our treat :lol:

2. Marleysgirl

Marleysgirl Mum to a SCBU Warrior!

I had to vote "other" because the answer is Never period. My OH and I have evenings out, leaving our boy with BIL in our house to babysit; but those evenings end around 10pm and we return home. We have never had a night without having to care for littl'un. Other than BIL (who is a single male and can cope for short periods!), we don't have family close enough to take him overnight.

3. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

I left him once when he was around 18 months. I went to a resort for 2 night with DH as we needed a break. He also slept at my mum's for 1 week 2 months back when we were painting the house. But she lives next door, I used to go there, give him his dinner, put him in bed & make sure he's sleeping before leaving.

Enjoy you free time tonight Hun xx

4. Tacey

Tacey Well-Known Member

I voted other as I've never had a night away from Alice. She wakes up wanting me in the night, so don't feel we can yet. Maybe in a few months.

5. OmiOmen

OmiOmen Mum of two

I voted other because it is never with no babysitter.

6. Midnight_Fairy

Midnight_Fairy New baby J

about once every 4-6mths. x

7. mummyclo

mummyclo Guest

I voted once a year as he has stayed at my mums once since he was born. But likely not to happen again for a long time either x

8. minnie83

minnie83 Olivia's mummy

I voted 'other' because it never happens, we never have a toddler-free night!

9. Noirin

Noirin Well-Known Member

i said other to as my son never sleeps out!! my and the husband have been to the cinema a few times but only be out of the house 3 hours tops lol

10. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

I voted other, cause its never with no babysitter. My DS is 5 and never slept out without us x

11. captainj1

captainj1 Mum of two

I voted never, we have a babysitter. We have been away overnight once and out for nights out a handful of times since he was born but MIL and FIL came and stayed at our house so that LO was in his own bed and had all his toys etc to play with when he woke up. I wanted him to be in familiar surroundings if he was to be with relatively unfamiliar people. MlL and FIL stay over with us once every couple of weeks, whenever DH or I are overseas on business, they help whichever of us isn't away with any night wakings and with nursery drop offs and pick ups.

12. Enchanted.

Enchanted. Member

I voted one or twice a month. My mum & OH's mum like to have her at the weekend sometimes. It's nice having a little bit of time by yourself.

13. sun

sun Mum of 3

We've never had our toddler away from us at night! We have had a few evenings out where OH and I went for dinner, but that was once LO was 18 months+. Now that #2 is here, I don't think we'll have a night without the kids for a long long time! :haha:

14. v2007

v2007 Well-Known Member

Once a week as ex has her :)

V xx

15. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Mummy to 2 girls.

my first night out with oh without bella will probably be in about a month or so, when i give birth to #2!

we've not had "us" time (aside from an hour a couple of mornings when oh was off work sick & bella was at the childminders, before my late shift started, when we'd have a cafe breakfast).

xx

16. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

Since LO has been born we have had one night when we where on holiday when we went out without her leaving her with my mum and dad. We were back by 11pm and LO was in our bed by 2am. Other than that I've not been away from her after dark.

Her first overnight away from us will be when this baby is born and MIL looks after her. If I go into labour during the night MIL will come here, if I go into labour during the day LO will go to MIL's and maybe sleep there if I'm still labouring by bedtime and OH is with me.

I don't have any big desire to be away from my little girl. I'm at a part of my life where I want to stay in everynight with my family.

17. mandarhino

mandarhino Mum of 1

I voted once every six months but that's not really accurate now that I think about it.

We've spent four nights away from her in total on three separate occasions. She was with my parents all of times. Two separate nights with them at our house and then two nights when we were visiting them overseas. They're coming over again soon and we're going away for three nights.

I'd be honest, I'd probably like a few more nights away here and there but my parents are overseas and my MIL is not capable of handling her by herself for a full night.

18. smelly07

smelly07 Mummy of 2 girls & wifey

My eldest is 6 and a half and she has never stayed at anyone house at night...neither has my youngest daughter.....i think the first time will be when she wants to sleep over at friends house.....x

19. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

I voted weekly, sometimes one night sometimes two. My parent both adore him and love having him and at least one of them has him over night once a week or if they both have him then its twice as there not together so have him seperate

20. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

never for us as well as we really don't have anyone to watch her for us.