Toddler just kicked my hard in the stomach :(

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
I don't know what to do this is horrible :(

My son just kicked my really hard on the left side of my bump. He meant to do it coz he's tried it a few times and Ive caught his legs but I just wasn't quick enough this time.

She's not moving atm but Im lying down with a cold drink trying to get her to.

Can I just assume she's ok when she starts moving or will I need to get checked out?

I feel awful can't stop crying :( It was really bad that he kicked her and he did mean to do it but I don't think he meant to hurt her, he's just little. I dunno what Id do if he has hurt her :(

I'm sure she'll be ok chicken...try not to worry. Just relax and try to get her moving as a first off. If you are still worried though once shes on the move, go and get her checked out - the hospital won't mind! Perhaps give maternity triage a call first?

xx

awww dont worry hun, kids dont realise what they are doing when it comes to things like that....I would ring labour ward and ask them what to do xxxxx

personally i wouldnt be reassured by that and would get checked out. Im sure all is ok. They are well protected!but better safe

Awwwww I'm sure everything is just fine. Bubba is so well cushioned in there and prob didn't feel a thing! Why not ring in for some reassurance, they wont mind one bit :hugs: x

Thanks hun I think its just the shock, my hubby is poorly upstairs and I dont wanna go and disturb him else I usually would have had a little cry to him.

Im just so annoyed I let it happen. He's been amazing about the whole thing so far.

if babies can survive car crashes am sure your baby will be ok, but if your worried give your midwife a call.

What everyone else said and def call the hospital if you're resus negative xx

i would give hospital a ring hun..just for piece of mind....keep us posted hun :hugs:

Thanks everyone, Ive felt her move a couple of times so feel a bit reassured. Ive got a bit of backache and a pain in my tummy tho so just gonna keep an eye out and get checked in the moirning if I need to.

I feel like Ive totally let Seth down :(

Ahhh my daughter constantly jumping on my belly or getting on top of me or pressing it or slapping it, hitting it etc. Not intentionally but bumps taken some crap from her lol :haha:
You'll be fine hun.

Hope your ok, my DS head butted me the other week in my bump whilst I was rubbing it, I told him off but he doesn't understand so I felt bad and I was crying for what he did and for me telling him off :-( he came over and hugged me then I felt even worse about it all.

Anyway I mentioned it to my Midwife at my next appointment and she said bubs would be fine as their very well protected so it was me who got hurt not baby. Also whilst I was pregnant with DS I walked into a door and bruised my bump and all was ok :)

Hope your ok, my DS head butted me the other week in my bump whilst I was rubbing it, I told him off but he doesn't understand so I felt bad and I was crying for what he did and for me telling him off :-( he came over and hugged me then I felt even worse about it all.

Anyway I mentioned it to my Midwife at my next appointment and she said bubs would be fine as their very well protected so it was me who got hurt not baby. Also whilst I was pregnant with DS I walked into a door and bruised my bump and all was ok :)

Thats how I feel now that I know she's ok... I feel terrible Ive put him to bed without a story :( He is old enough to know what he's doing and I asked him twice to stop, but I don't think he meant to hurt her I think he was just pushing his luck, he's been trouble all afternoon.

Thanks for all the kind words sorry for posting xxx

dont be sorry for posting... how have u let ur son down? if my son had done it he would have had a smack because they do understand what they are doing hunni... yah id ring the hospital hun just to be sure x

I just feel crap coz he never asked for the baby, it was me who wants her and I don't think he's going to like it once she is here and it's my fault.

I was pretty ok with it until now coz he's been soo good and excited but its just made me think that I dont want to upset him with her because I love them both so much :(

Hormones! haha :) x

I just feel crap coz he never asked for the baby, it was me who wants her and I don't think he's going to like it once she is here and it's my fault.

I was pretty ok with it until now coz he's been soo good and excited but its just made me think that I dont want to upset him with her because I love them both so much :(

Hormones! haha :) x

hun children adapt... he'l get over it and i assure you tho he may have the odd tantrum he will adore her when she is born. how involved has he been with ur pregnancy??? our 2 and a half yr old really understands and is soi careful round me and other pregnant women and cant wait to meet his sister x i think it is involving him with scans and all apooitnments that has helped

we didn't take him to our NHS scans because we were worried that if there was anything wrong it would be stressful for him to see us upset, and we wouldn't maybe be able to take everything in if we were trying to look after him at the same time. We booked a 4D scan which we had at 28 weeks but he wasn't bothered about it really, he looked at her for a few mins and then got bored.

He likes talking to her and sometimes gives her cuddles and kisses, and he picked out a dress for her yesterday. But on the whole he doesn'tt seem bothered. But he's never been violent towards her before now :(

xx

he is maybe just expressing himself but if he tries to do it again please explain it aint on as he will hurt his baby sister xxx just advice from one mom to another. he realises it is close and dont wanna share you. explain u will still love him and u find even more love to share... my son had a period of tears but we expliane dwe will still love him, he has a baby brother who is 17 months too and he knows im having a baby, i have had 4 NHS scans they have both been to every appointment and all midwife apointments, my midwife even let him help her with the doppler to find lexi's heartbeat. x my boys also know that in 23 sleeps mommy is going to the hospital (they are inducing me as i have a blood clotting disorder) and when i come home mommy will bring their baby sister to live with us. aaron picked some bootees for her the other day. xx

thank you hun that's really helpful :hugs:

xxx

Big hugs! I'm sure she is fine, like the others have said she is well cushioned in there. Don't feel bad about Seth, he'll have forgotten all about his missing story by tomorrow.

They really do push it at this age, Alex has tried headbutting my bump a few times and although he does mean to do it I don't think it's malicious against his little bro!
I think they do it to get a reaction and also don't realise they can actually really hurt! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->