Toddlers and soda / soft drinks

I defo wouldn't touch Ribena & I've heard Robinsons are crap and the no added sugar is a boo boo - thats what I mean when I say surely there is better options for babies but maybe theres not which is bad.

all the no added sugar stuff is bad, its got a sweetner in it called aspartmine (sp?) really bad stuff and the higher up it is on the ingrediants the worst the drink is.

Hi juice is good, you only need the tinyest amount.

x

Ah shit, i've just bought 3 bottles of robinsons as it was on offer :blush:
Oh i'm a horrible mum, i'm not cut out for this parenting lark!!

Ewan doesnt have fizzy pop, occasionally he will have a sip but nothing else.
His great grandad gave him some green lime fizzy stuff afew months ago, i didnt realised what it was untill he showed me later and my god i had the kid from hell all afternoon!!

Ewan mainly has milk or very watered down squash, or if out and i forgot a drink i'll gve him a fruit shoot but i dont like them.

No Carley, i dont think your wrong at all, i totally agree with you. Oliver will be allowed juice/squash in moderation but it will be sugar free and watered down. Fizzy pop, will be a definate no no. Untill he's much older and even then i will only allow it on v special occasions as a treat ie birthdays. But i hate fizzy pop anyway and have always been obsessed with lookin after my teeth so if he's anything like me we'll be ok! I think chocolate is ok iin small amounts as an occasional treat but when he's 2/3. x

Thank you everyone! I don't feel so alone now :hugs:

Kai only has water and the ocasional juice, but i dont believe in giving children coke/pepsi etc!
Kai loves his water now!
Kai used to eat a lot of choclate :blush: i found it very hard to say no im a softy u see, but now he only has it on a sat cos he'd put alot of weight on an luckly he's been very good an not moaned about it!
x

Ah shit, i've just bought 3 bottles of robinsons as it was on offer :blush:
Oh i'm a horrible mum, i'm not cut out for this parenting lark!!

yep write 100 lines "I shall not be a horrible robinsons buying mum"

:rofl:

when the time comes...
I want to keep Colton on water and juice.. no soda until he is past his toddler years. I worry about him gaining alot of weight and having bad teeth, as these are both things my OH has went through (he was a very big kid). then even when he gets soda it will only be on occasion.
as far as chocolate/treats. I think it is okay to have it every now and then.. otherwise when he does get some (ex.. if I'm not around) he wont be crazy hyper and all over the place.

sorry for any typos.. holding baby! :D

yep write 100 lines "I shall not be a horrible robinsons buying mum"

:rofl:
:rofl: i would but it will take aaaaaggggggeeeessss so will repeat it in my head

all the no added sugar stuff is bad, its got a sweetner in it called aspartmine (sp?) really bad stuff and the higher up it is on the ingrediants the worst the drink is

x

I was just going to type this! i avoid everything with aspartame in it!

My daughter doesnt have coke or anything fizzy , mind u once i left my glass of diet coke when i went to the toilet and she grabbed it and gulped it down lol thats the only time she has had it! Wouldnt give it to her ever though..

Smoothies , and watered down juice is what she will have. Ive tried water she wont take it :( fussy thing!

Im a no sweets mummy/fizzy drinks!

Although Rebecca has watered down Hipp Organic Baby Juice now she is older and once a day-at lunch time then its water/milk.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->