"Toddles and Tiaras"

1st_baby

TLC has a new television show called “Toddlers and Tiaras”, this show is about girls as young as four and their families, as they prepare to compete in various beauty pageants. These girls are scantily clad, painted up like dolls, making them look too mature for their age. These children are being exploited by these pageants and by the show. This show is promoting pedophilia, and is very much sexualizing these children.

Am I the only one who is offended by mothers doing this ? or am i being stupid??

Hope this wont start fights I was just checking if i was the only one out there thinking this ?

Attachments

• stepford_kid.jpg
    stepford_kid.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 21
I haven't watched it but seen the adverts for it and can't say it's something I would ever let Hannah do.

For those who may not know the show here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsy-rRzkufQ

Its not a "new" show.. more a new season. I've seen and watched the show before.
Not ALL of the little girls are that made up. I do agree from an outside perspective that it's "sexualizing" the little girls, they look incredibly older and I think it's just horrible at that age or any girl even NEAR that age. However, from the mothers points of views (although, I think they are nuts!) they are more looking at "doing what they need to do" to WIN! Thats all they are worried about, winning. The sick judges dont choose little girls that aren't made up like that as winners, and therefore have drove the mothers sick doing all this to their little girls just so they can win.

that is sad its all about the money and so so wrong. (IMO)

what ever happened to just letting your child be a child? They are beautiful just the way they are. And people wonder why little/young girls are so self concious of their image? It's shit like this. I would never do that to Angelynn. She is so beautiful just the way she is and it's wrong for people to judge how beautiful these little people are based on how much make-up and fake hair they are wearing.

I know what you mean , although Carly saw this and pleaded with me to do it.
I dont agree with babies doing it however , or girls that a presured into it.
If they wanted to , no harm to it really :)

I dont think ANY toddler or baby should be made up with make-up... I have no object to tasteful age appropriate photo modelling... no harm as long as you do not take it too seriously.

Some people get so obsessed with winning and getting the money though it is sick.

Aww feel really bad for the little girl getting spray tanned and crying her eyes out :(

I don't like the little girls posing in swim suits etc. to me that sexualizes it

i have seen something very similar before, there was a very high profile case a few years ago now when one of these beautiful little girls was murdered :cry: i personally don't agree x

ive seen this, they get there face painted up hair done nails done, fake tans, i think is disgusting, let your child be a F**KING child for god sake.:grr::growlmad::hissy::hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->