Told it won't happen for us-too old

Congratulations Casper! I had one of those gloom and doom doctors too!

The beautiful baby in my avatar was born last November and I'm 44 years old!

Was it hard? YES. Three miscarriages in a row. But I got pregnant and had a baby.

Best of luck to you. Sometimes with us older ladies the conceiving part is the hardest and sometimes getting them to "stick" is the hardest. It's hard, I know, but if you're willing to keep trying, (and that's hard too), then that golden egg could be around the corner!

:hugs:

Massive congratulation Casper.:happydance:

I don't believe half them doctors.I got pregnant naturally at 41, I'm now 14 weeks 2days pregnant,no sickness anything and :baby: has a healthy strong heartbeat..:thumbup:
I'll be 1 month away from my 42nd birthday when baba due..

We were trying for 13 months in total,I started to take COQ10 2 1/2 months before I got my :bfp:.

I do believe that COQ10 and luck helped me..XXX

Well done ladies on falling pregnant naturally & showing them doctors that it is possible for woman over 35 years to do it au natralle!:thumbup:

Pass some of that good luck in my direction..have had 2 IUI's (bfn's) & 1 which was cancelled. Fs has suggested IVF but it's way out of our budget for now, been taking co 10 for a few months & really want to get my bfp ASAP!:dohh:

Lexus-passing good luck your way! My husband and I also used preseed each time we BD the week of my ovulation. That may have helped too.

What a great thread.
You posted on 6 /6/ 12 and so discouraged,what an awful doctor saying any pregnancy would end in miscarriage...
then you got BFP also on 6/6/12....
I had then scroll down and read the whole thread.
Congrats. Hope all is well. Thanks for posting

Loving how this thread panned out, in your face stupid doctor

Congratulations Casper, your bean has fantastic comic timing!

congrats! you just gave this 39 yo gal a glimmer of hope!

:kiss:

Congratulations Casper!! I am sorry you had to go through that awful doctor let down though...showed him!! All the best!

Kismet, nope have not seen him since even though he told us that if, by some miracle I did conceive, they would want to see me until my 10th week. After I deliver a healthy baby, I'd like to write him a letter with baby picture included and tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine!

Kismet, nope have not seen him since even though he told us that if, by some miracle I did conceive, they would want to see me until my 10th week. After I deliver a healthy baby, I'd like to write him a letter with baby picture included and tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine!

:thumbup:

Love this thread!!!

Congratulations Casper! (I actually live i have Casper! Lol)

I'm loving the success stories as I am half way through my 41'st year!

I chose the name Casper because I am so fair, white as in Casper the Ghost.

What a great ending to your story (so far!). I'm 40 and TTC, so you give me hope! Wishing you a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby!

How many women have been told they won't or probably won't conceive by a doctor. Look at "I didn't know I was pregnant". I'm glad you proved him soooooo wrong! May you have a H&HP.

May I ask were you having any symptoms when u went to doctor visit?

Great thread. Thanks for sharing your story, and congrats!

How many women have been told they won't or probably won't conceive by a doctor. Look at "I didn't know I was pregnant". I'm glad you proved him soooooo wrong! May you have a H&HP.

May I ask were you having any symptoms when u went to doctor visit?

It was soooo early, I hadn't even missed my period yet. I was due to start 2 days after the appointment so I really didn't have any symptoms. I was very emotional on the way to the appt and had to fight tears during the appt. On the way home I broke down and cried. Looking back on it, I figure not only was it the saddness of what we had just been told, but it was probably also the new hormones raging through my system.

I was 38 when I got pregnant with my youngest, all on my own. I'm almost 42 and trying one last time for a boy after 5 daughters. Get a different doctor. That one sounds like a horses ass. Keep your chin up, it ain't over till it's over.

I've been trying to post to this thread all day and it wouldn't let me. Yes trying4four, I finally got a BFP this morning!!!! And to think I was pregnant in the office on Monday when that quack was telling me that it would never happen. I've proved him wrong once now I want to prove him wrong twice by carrying a healthy baby to term.

Thank you to everyone who responded to me. I appreciate you all taking the time to read my post. For those of you who were curious about my history, no problems to report at all with me. Tubes clear, ovaries good, all hormone tests good. I have 2 daughters ages 20 and 14. Miscarried 2 months before I conceived my 14 year old at 7 weeks along, but other than that I'm completely healthy, just 39.

I'm still in shock at my BFP. I have 4 tests all postive and went for a blood draw today, will get the results back tomorrow.

Wow! Am I glad that I stumbled across this thread. I'm 39 & was told by my doc on Monday that I am "over the hill". Some docs can be so insensitive. I hope that I can stick 2 fingers up at mine sometime soon.

Congratulations on your :bfp: and I wish you a very happy & healthy pregnancy all the way from rainy Sussex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->