:(Tom is sick and needs more surgery:(

So sorry to hear that Em.
Big :hug: for all of you. Hang in there!
:hug:

:hugs: So sorry. Poor Tom :(

I hope you don't have to wait too long :hugs: x

Sorry to hear this - poor Tom - I hope you don't have a long wait to get it sorted:hugs:

Hi Hun, Just wanted to try and put your mind at ease. Noah had emergency surgery for a strangulated hernia in his right scrotum on April 19th, and was home on April 20th.I should also mention he was barely 5 lbs at the time. You would never know he had surgery and he doesn't even have a scar. I know how scary it is when they have to surgery.

You are so strong, sending :hug: and good thoughts for Tom

Really sorry to hear about that :( T had a new shunt in yesterday. Bah, hate hospitals :(

I'm so sorry hun. I hope he can have the surgery soon so you can stop worrying about it! :hugs:

Aw Poor Tommy and poor you!
You do amazingly with everything you have to deal with. Just add it to your hurdles and hope it doesnt take too long :hugs:

VanWest - what happened when it strangulated? Tom's is getting bigger and bigger every day and he is teething so is always uncomfortable.

oh my goodness poor baby tom, how much does one baby have to go through, poor thing, its really not fair..

Hope your ok Emma, you must be emotionally exhausted, try and stay positive, we're all here for you :hugs:

VanWest - what happened when it strangulated? Tom's is getting bigger and bigger every day and he is teething so is always uncomfortable.

It all happened quite sudden, I didn't even know he had a hernia. We took him to a doctors appointment and he wouldn't stop crying. The doctor thought he might have an upset tummy. He checked him out and mentioned he might have a hernia but at this time it was strangulated yet. I was able to swaddle him and drive the hour home with him. I let him sleep a little while then I decided I needed to change his diaper. As soon as he woke he started screaming(not a normal cry) I opened his diaper and his scrotum was so swollen, I knew something wasn't right. We took him to the doctors down south who had after hours and they sent him to the ER. He also had a hydro seal. Personally if it is getting bigger I wouldn't mess around waiting for them I would take him to the ER and make them check to make sure it isn't strangulated so it doesn't kill any of his bowel.

Good luck with surgery and I hope he recovers fast!

Thank vanwest - am def going to keep a close eye on it now!! it shrinks away when he lays down for a while and he isnt uncomfy - but i will take him to er if anything changes.

Thank vanwest - am def going to keep a close eye on it now!! it shrinks away when he lays down for a while and he isnt uncomfy - but i will take him to er if anything changes.

Thats a good thing, it means it can be reduced and it isnt strangulated. They tried to push Noah's back up but were unable to.

Im sorry he's unwell hun, I hope it gets better :(

Stay strong, youre a brilliant mummy :)

xxx

Oh no!!! It really does get thrown at you, doesn't it? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel