Tomatoes... Do you really need to peel and de-seed?

Sarah+

Reaction score
A lot of the Annabell K recipes call for tomatoes to be skinned and de-seeded. Now maybe I'm doing this wrong, but it takes forever and doesn't leave a lot of tomato! Is it necessary?

Leave them in the hot water for longer then plunge into the cold, the skin literally falls off, its the deseeded that takes ages, i normally leave em in now as i cannot be bothered, be warned you might find these in the nappy though! yeeewww

I've never skinned or deseeded a tomato!
I give my LO baby tomato's to eat and just chop them in half. He sucks the insides out and leaves the skin! Yes u do get seeds in the nappy tho lol

i have always done same as lucy_lu and given her the cherry tomatoes with skin and cut into half she just spits out the bit she doesnt want"

Lou
xxx

I've never skinned them but I used to just cut the middle section out which took seconds. Doesn't leave much of the tomato though :lol:

But that only lasted about a week, there's no point really... Now she'll have a tomato just cut in half - she skins it herself anyway!

Thanks Ladies!

I did another batch of cooking and dunked them in boiling water (to de-skin) which worked amazingly well. I didn't worry about the seeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->