Tons of BH

designermama

Reaction score
Hi, new to 3rd Trimester. It snuck up on me actually. I posted to the 2nd Trimester on Friday because I didn't realize it was already here! :)
I had a BnB account with my first child and got the most use out of it during the 3rd Trimester so I am hoping I can do the same this time around.

Anyways…. I have had a crap ton of BH this pregnancy. One day they were about 3-5 minutes apart for SIX HOURS, but I didn't call the doctor because I didn't feel them doing anything to my body… luckily they went away. When I told the doc the following week, she kinda looked surprised that I hadn't called, but they went away right? She kinda scolded me. I probably should have called… She said more than 6 an hour call.

Well I am currently having them about every 3 minutes… didn't start timing them until about 10 minutes ago. I would just feel so silly calling knowing that they are BH. If I was having back pain or anything else, I would call. At 34 weeks with my first I had what was called 'threatened preterm labor' which for those of you that do not know is steady contractions with no dilation. That time, my back was hurting and that all I could feel. I didn't even realize I was having contractions. My back didn't even hurt that bad, but my MIL made me call… for good reason.

So has anyone else had BH like this. I am pretty sure If I chug this bottle of water they will go away and I will reply in an hour with ALL CLEAR!, but maybe I don't know my body as well as I think I do. After all, who really knows their pregnant body?!

Some input from someone other than my husband saying "You'll be fine", which is his answer for everything LOL, would be nice.

TY!

*****UPDATE*******
So I explained in a reply to this post that I did go to the hospital last night after getting home from work and laying down and still having strong BH every 5 minutes consistently after having them even closer than that for the past couple of hours. I had been chugging water since they began, but the nurse said I was dehydrated a little so I got one bag of fluids. At this point I pretty much stopped having the contractions. I had maybe three the first hour. But after the first bag of fluids I had a couple pretty close, so I had to stay for another bag of fluids. Plus his heart rate was higher than they wanted it to be so thats another reason I stayed longer… I wasn't scared but now that I am not there I keep wondering if my frequent BH are stressing him out… IDK thats probably another topic altogether.

Sooooo moral of the story, you can have frequent close together BH and it be okay. From now on I will drink like a fish and get up frequently at work. I sit all day so moving can kinda make them stop. Same for if I am laying down with them, I can try to get up to stop them…

I was told if you think you've drank enough water, drink some more. Also she did say if they were consistently 7 minutes apart of closer that I needed to come back in, but I think with my track record Ill wait for them to be consistent for many more hours, because 5 wasn't enough yesterday.
I just thought I would share this will all of you who may be having BH and wondering what to do if you think there are too many or are concerned.

Even today, after 2 bags of fluids last night and 4 bottles of water today, I am still having a couple an hour, but nothing consistent so I think I am fine. Can't help but wonder about our little guy though!

Thanks for all your replies!!

Also she said I was a fingertip dilated but this is my second child so thats probably why...

I don't *think* I've had BH yet but I'm very curious about it. Please let us know what happens, e.g. drinking water makes them go away.

I get BH a lot too. If you are getting them due to dehydration then you need to drink that bottle of water :) If you are getting them due to to much activity (that is usually why I get them) then you need to rest :)

I get a lot. Actually my dr told me today that If I even get 4 an hour - they don't have to be close together- that I need to call. But I usually get about 2 an hour for most of the day. I'm now also getting cramps with some of them but she said it's due to stretching ligaments and baby is starting to drop!

My BH are strong. Stronger when I have to pee and hold it. Usually if I change positions or move they will stop.

I have been getting lots of bh's since 22 weeks. But not more than 3-4 in an hour. My midwife said to drink a glass or 2 of water and wait an hour to see if they go away. She also said that if you have 6+ in an hour, changes to the cervix can occur and you should get checked out right away!

Thanks to all of you. I was at work, I sit all day on the computer with a pretty stess free job so I dont think that contributes. I just got home and settled so Im laying down waiting for my husband to get home to cook us dinner. Toddler is occupied playong dolls :) hopefully the water will kick in. So far is seems like they did let up but they've started again so I dont know!

Question ladies, will I know if I'm having BH?

I did but wasn't 100% sure until someone said that's what it was. lol. With the BH my entire bump gets very tight top to bottom and side to side. They last 30-60 seconds. At first maybe a little less.

For me, bh are where my stomach gets really tight without any pain, just uncomfortable. It kinda takes my breath away. You can feel the tightness and you can see where the baby is bc is gets so tight...

Im at labor and delivery now. Of course I've only had two contractions since I've been here so I look like a nut... she said im a fingertip dilated, but that could be because this is my second child.

i had a ton of them last night. it was insane as i had them every time baby would roll or kick. i also ate alot of potatoes right before the contractions. they wuld harden one side of my tummy then harden another side. but it only happened after her powerful movements. i think it was about 4 bh every 10mins. in the beginning though it was 4 almost in 5. this continued for about an hour or two. i didnt feel anything else happening with them. no intensity growth, no pain. i didnt call but my boyfriend wasready to! i was watching carefully although i believe our active baby girl had triggered them since they happened every single time she did a movement frenzy like extreme stretching or hard, fast rolling.

I was almost ready to be discharged but the contractions picked up a little and his heart rate was staying more accelerated than they would like. So im getting another bag of fluids and mAybe then ill get to go sleep in my bed!

Sorry for any typos. Im on my cell and im too lazy amd tired to fix them atm.

I'm in l and d at the moment because of this. I'm only 28 weeks and getting loads of intense bh. I was told off for not coming last night when it was at its worst (I wanted to see if sleep would stop it) .

I'm in l and d at the moment because of this. I'm only 28 weeks and getting loads of intense bh. I was told off for not coming last night when it was at its worst (I wanted to see if sleep would stop it) .

Same thing happened with me. When this happened a few weeks ago I didn't call but told the doctor in rotation I was seeing and she made me feel like I was stupid for not calling. Last night in l&d the nurse was pretty nice. I felt silly going in for bh but they were just too close and I knew they didnt need to be for that long. good luck to you. Let us know what they say for you!

I'm absolutely fine, cervix is still nice and long. It's so hard to know when to go in. I got tons of intense Braxton hicks like this if my 1st and if I went every time they were close together I'd have spent every night in l and d.

I'm absolutely fine, cervix is still nice and long. It's so hard to know when to go in. I got tons of intense Braxton hicks like this if my 1st and if I went every time they were close together I'd have spent every night in l and d.

That is good to hear. You said this was your second? With your first and all the BH, when did you actually begin to have real dilating labor contractions?

According to my OB I was in prolonged early labour with my first from about 36 weeks. I didn't properly go into labour until 40+3 but by that point I was warned that I was already 4 cm dilated with bulging waters so to not hang around and head straight to hospital. Thankfully I did because within about an hour of my waters breaking my labour was pretty intense and the drive would have been awful if we'd waited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->