Too Manu Follicles Femara ?? HELP

Ashley25

Reaction score
Help! I was on 5mg Femara this cycle and went in to CD10 scan today. my lining was perfect at a 10 but I have 4 follicles. Sizes...
-Right 17.5 & 16 Left 15 & 15

I am doing timed intercourse with NO trigger.. I just got EWCM today. They called me and told me it was ok to proceed as it's a beautiful cycle with ideal results but I am SO scared of multiples. The nurse assured me that we should try. I don't want to waste a month but what are the chances of twins or triplets? If I don't do a trigger shot will I ovulate all of them? I need help and opinions please! Thanks

What's your history in terms of pregnancies, losses, etcs? I'm pretty sure it's normal to have several follicles ready to go as when I've been scanned before without any meds I've had several that were large enough but the nurse thought only one would be 'the one'. I guess you have to weigh up whether you'd rather risk having none or more than one. I think the percentage chance of multiples is very low, but there is always a risk even with natural conception. I wouldn't waste the cycle or the hospital resources! Good luck.

The two smaller ones may not catch up, but you never know. Multiples are always a risk, but especially so if you're using hyperovulatory meds.

The exact calculated risk depends on a myriad of factors.....why you're on hyperovulatory meds to begin with, have you had children before, history of loss, hormone levels, age, is male factor an issue here etc

If you're not comfortable, just abstain. If you do move forward, make a plan before you do. If all four fertilize and implant, what then? If all four fertilize and implant AND one of those splits? If three do? Two? None? Consider health risks involved with a multiple pregnancy, the added expense, possibility of extended bed rest and specialized care for multiple babies who are often born prematurely. The added expense of raising two (or more) at the same time (buying two or more of many things, the increased emotional and physical tolls, the increased toll on your relationships, what you'll do moving forward for jobs and daycare).

Talk about every scenario you possibly can think of with your partner and only follow through if you both have peace with the possibilities and how you'd handle them together.

Not to scare you but your trepidation is valid. Having multiples is HARD. Harder than most will ever know. I love it, but I also willingly chose, looked forward to and prayed for the challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->