Too young?

Mummy2B21

Mum of Two
Reaction score
Is 1 years old too young to take a toddler to the airshow?

Its airshow weekend down our local beach strip (southend) it gets extremely packed out with people and lots of noise from the planes my mum thinks it'll be too loud and he wont like it, but im not sure.. I dont want to go and then have come straight back as traffic is murder airshow weekend evan though we now live 5 mins away so will probably see it from home/park but i love the atmosphere it brings too...

Would you/have you taken a just 1 year old?

i don't think i'd take my LO, i think it may be bait much, however only you know your son better than anyone xx

I would go, at 1 Eleanor had been to several firework displays and what not. If you think the noise will be a bother get some protective headphones. I really don't think the crowd will bother him what so ever, as long as he can still see you and get cuddles when he wants them.

I've been thinking the exact same thing, I love the airshow at Southend and my youngest is 19 months so not sure whether to brave it or not as like you said if he doesn't like it I will have to spend an hour trying to get out!! Shame as I love it - just have to hope we get plenty over the house!!!!!

I took my LO to his first airshow when he was 2 month old, He slept through most of it..and this year he will be just over 1 so will be going again :)

My 2 love things like this. So long as you're available to hold him tight if he gets a little overwhelmed, I'd go for it. Hope you have a great day

I would go. We've had one every year since Daniel was a baby. The first time he 'went' to it he was 2 weeks old, then 1 year 2 week, 2 years 2 weeks etc. Esther's always been there since she was born too.

Neither of them were bothered by it - in fact my eldest settled really well to sleep when the Eurofighter flew over!!

We go to ours every year, LO forst went when I was about 20 weeks pregnant then 8mths old and 18mths old and will go again this summer..I would go for it..x

I'd so take Alfie he'd love it, I don't think your lo's to young. Xx

I took my older kids around that age (One and then One and a half) and they took it like champs! :thumbup:
I did have to go sit in the car with my daughter at one point- she needed to go to sleep and couldn't, so we jsut took a little break :)

i took LO to the airshow up my way when he was 8 weeks old. He slept through the majority
also took him when he was just over one and again he was absoloutly fine.

I wanted to Emma to Leuchars, but OH said no - as she wouldnt wear the ear defenders they sell. And she still wouldnt now. He feels that it is just FAR too loud for her at this young an age............

YET

He will play blaring music when she is in the room (and I mean so loud you cant hear speech).

I dont know the effect the noise would have on a LO though.........as I know for mee my ears ring for days afterwards. And you would think I was used to it as I work beside the Airport where the plane test bay is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->