Tooth Fairy = going rate???

vicki.mummy

Foster Mummy to 2 boys!!!
Reaction score
Robbie lost his first baby tooth yesterday (cue sob fest 2011); we gave him £1.50 (every other tooth will be £1) but we're a little bit unsure as to whether this is normal or not.....

We got 20p, and sometimes 50p if we'd brushed our teeth extra well ;)

My son got a 2 pound coin covered in 'fairy dust' when he lost his first tooth.And after that he got 1 pound.

A kid in my sons class got a 20 pound note when they lost a tooth!

That's crazy 20.00 - how on earth do you explain that to your kid!! If they've got 1.00 and some kids got 20.00! Thats just OTT!

My little girl just lost her first tooth :) We gave her £2 for this one but the rest will be £1 each. Some of the children in her school get up to £10 per tooth but we think its just madness! My daughter is only 5 and doesn't understand the value of money yet, the shiny coin was all she needed... xx

Dan got £5 for his first and £2-£3 for any after :) He stopped believing in the tooth fairy at 9 so after that we just gave him a treat if they were extra shiny :)

I don't think that 20 was in dollars. My kids get $1.00. They have not ever complained.

they say your mean't to give the child silver, so we always got 50p :)

we gave a £1 coin and then 2x20p and 1x10p.... he was all excited because he got 4 coins!!

My son always gets 5$ for every tooth. He doesn't lose too many these days, almost 9 years old.

DD1 got £2 for her first and now £1 for each other.
DD2 still hasnt lost any but the rate will be the same.

Sophie-lou got £5.00 for her 1st tooth and every tooth after that she got whatever change I had in my pruse but normally £2- £3 x

We always got £2 as a child and when we got older we starting getting £1 and mum would say it was because of all the sweeties we were eating that would make our teeth rot (not literally) and there weren't as valuable for the tooth fairy :haha: So then we would brush them all the time!

My cousins used to get £20 for loosing a tooth and I remember one time my cousin, Shauna, getting £50!!! :wacko: I was really upset that the tooth fairy didn't like me as much but mum told us that because they lived in the South of Ireland, they had a different tooth fairy :haha: I will give £2 for the first tooth and £1 for every one after that.

We gave Landon $10 for his first tooth and he gets just a couple dollars for every tooth now

Hasn't cropped up yet here but most likely our tooth fairy will be leaving $1 per tooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->