Toothache! :(

Leo_Mumma

Reaction score
Ive had horrible toothache since last night. Is there anything I can take apart from paracetamol? Its not even touching the sides :(

I've had a toothache for about a week now and unfortunately Tylenol is the only otc pain medicine that pregnant women can take...

You can get an oral gel that is safe and provides a temporary numbing sensation.

Make sure to get it checked out by a dentist, infections of any kind can be harmful for your little one. Just to be safe :)

The only thing you can't do at the dentist while pregnant is have an X-ray taken. It is still perfectly safe to see your dentist, which is what you need to do.

The only thing you can't do at the dentist while pregnant is have an X-ray taken. It is still perfectly safe to see your dentist, which is what you need to do.

Yes, she should definitely see a dentist ASAP (as should the other poster who mentioned having a toothache) but that isn't entirely true. I had to go to the dentist this week so I phoned my doc and she said no x-rays is ideal but in a situation where x-rays are really necessary that I could have the minimal amount needed and it would be fine (I didn't need them though - phew!) but also that I needed to avoid numbing agents containing epinephrine (there are other safe options for numbing your dentist will have) and that if I needed antibiotics there were only 3 certain ones considered safe to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->