Step father of the bride
Father of the bride
Step mother of the bride
MOH
Best man
Bride
Groom
And our daughter?

That's 11 people!! We are only having 50 people to the reception. Won't that look weird?? Thinking about dropping all the parents :lol:

We will be having..

Best man
Father of the groom
Mother of the groom
Groom
2 LOs (either in the middle or one either side :))
Bride
Mother of the bride
Father of the bride
MOH
And maybe MOHs little boy, don't know if he'll want to sit with my uncle (his grandad)

I've wrote it in the order it will go :)

Oh I don't even know what order it's meant to be so I didn't attempt that :lol:

Since both our parents are divorced and with new partners our top table would be massive so i think were just going to have a sweetheart table.

On our top table we've got

The maid of honour
My grandad
My pap
My mum
My dad
Me
OH
Our daughter
OH's son
Best man
OH's dad.

We've got 2 more bridesmaids but we've put them on "normal" tables because OH's best man is in a wheel chair and we need the space for him to get in and out. We haven't really gone for tradition at all

Oh I don't even know what order it's meant to be so I didn't attempt that :lol:

Ohh we won't be doing it in the order it's meant to be in, the traditional way is mother of the bride and father of the groom on one side then father of the bride and mother of the groom on the other but we want our parents to sit together!

We're having parents but there's only 3 of them, otherwise we'd put them with OH's siblings. Although actually we are going to be having 11 people on top table inc DD with a reception of about 50. The venue suggested having 4 tables of 10-11 plus top table.

We're having me, OH, DD, best man, 2 bridesmaids, 3 parents, someone we're asking to be guardian for DD as we're doing a naming ceremony on the day as well, and one of our bosses (the funnier one, lol) as we met at work so going to get him to do a little speech.

I've been googling and in US they just have the bridesmaids and groomsmen up there. No parents. So I thought that's probably what we'll do. But, I hadn't thought about speeches :wacko: argh I don't know!

OH was just a best man and him and the non-family usher were on a normal table with partners. He just walked up and stood at the side of top table to do his speech and it didn't seem at all weird doing that so I wouldn't worry about speech practicalities

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->