Top tips for getting pregnant quicker ?

fuschia

Reaction score
I'm nervous about interfering with hormones etc with herbal remedies as I find I read confliction info ! I tried angus castsus for a month - my cycle remained un changed but people were saying that it could mega lengthen cycle if you are usually regular so I scrapped that !

So looking for tips of pretty normal things ... so far I am ...

1) drinking water ... this will obv hell with cm won't it and general body functions better so drinking lots !

2) I'm eating avocado as I hear that's a bit of a fertility super food !

Anything else anyone can advise ? I'm not cd 6 and raring to go ! So so hoping to get pregnant in next 3 months .

Thank you !!

Those are great ideas!! Avocado is amazing; it's also good for shedding weight after a pregnancy. I don't have anything to add to the list yet but I'll be following to see who does!

I have two thing that I'm doing this cycle which are very basic, but still important:
1. Drink less coffee, max two cups per day.
2. BD much more frequently, perhaps like the SMEP plan - every other day from CD8 until positive OPK then three days in a row, skip a day and then one last go. Or maybe we'll try every day from CD8 or so if we have the energy.

The cycle I got my bfp I was drinking a big glass of grapefruit juice every day as I'd read that can help with ewcm. I didn't notice any ewcm that month, although I did see a fair bit of wet cm, but I got my bfp so maybe it did help?! Worth a try anyway.

I'm pretty sure the month I got my bfp with our son I'd been doing the same, so maybe there is something in it.

I fell pregnant this time on our 2nd cycle & first drinking the juice so probably can't really say if anything came from it, but anything easy and natural is worth a shot!

Thanks for the tips ! Grapefruit juice is a good one - can accommodate that easily enough ! I've seen pink grapefruit juice ... is it a particular kind you drank ? X

Hi Fuschia!

There are lots more to just water and avocado!

First off, do remember that conceiving takes two hands to clap, yes that means your husband's lifestyle and diet plays an important part too!

Some simple basic advice for both you / husband:
  • Lay Off Smoking and Alcohol
  • DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT overthink / fret over the TWW! (This is causing your body some undue stress)
  • Cut down on caffeine
  • Exercise frequently
  • Healthy diet

For your husband only:
  • Avoid placing mobile phone on front pocket for prolonged period
  • Avoid long hours of sitting
  • Avoid placing laptop on lap
  • Wear boxers instead of briefs
  • Avoid too much time in hot tubs

It is pretty much impossible to list down all the "Do's" and "Don'ts" to boost / power up your fertility in a single post though.

I wish you all the best in the BFP within the next 3 months!! :baby:

Thank you !

I can say I tick all the boxes in the first list . Well apart from the don't fret in the TWW - I do get a bit obsessed . Do you think that sort of stress could avoid pregnancy ? I hadn't thought about that !

Hubby had a job where he is sitting pretty much all day long !! He is cycling to and from work though so I hope that's ok ... and I'm not sure where he keeps his phone ! I'll check !! X

Thank you !

I can say I tick all the boxes in the first list . Well apart from the don't fret in the TWW - I do get a bit obsessed . Do you think that sort of stress could avoid pregnancy ? I hadn't thought about that !

Hubby had a job where he is sitting pretty much all day long !! He is cycling to and from work though so I hope that's ok ... and I'm not sure where he keeps his phone ! I'll check !! X

You're welcome!

Stress is generally bad for the body. I wouldn't say stress avoids pregnancy, but impacts. It is negative to everything in life!

Get your husband to stand up for a short while if he finds himself sitting for prolonged period. Basically majority of male tips are to prevent suffocating / affecting the genitals, which could affect sperm quality.

Cycling is fine, don't worry about it.

P.S Hope you do include all the nutrition (zinc, folic acid, arginine, vitamins, etc.) for your healthy diet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->