Totally Disorganised

mrstoast

Due 14th of June 2013
Reaction score
I am 33 weeks pregnant and have bought nothing for my baby. Is there anyone else out there who is in this position, or am I the only one? We moved house a month ago, then I had to focus on work (writing school reports then getting everything ready for when I leave) so I haven't really had time!

I'm stopping work at the end of next week so after that I intend to just go into Mothercare or John Lewis and get them to tell me what I need and hopefully get it all in two or three shopping trips.

However, I can't help but panic a little bit when I see/read about how organised other people are! Our nursery is just an empty room! At least it's been painted...

Am I mad?

I was in the same position at the same time. Then we just spent a couple weekends shopping and making decisions and ta da, we're done! I wouldn't worry at all. Once you are done with big work commitments you'll have time to get the essentials. Also, we haven't got a proper nursery, just the crib in our room, as we're moving in early July so the fact that you've painted a room means you're doing well!

You still have plenty of time to get it all done, especially if you'll be off of work... I mean, the first few days of not working can be fun, but then it gets boring, and you'll probably be BEGGING for things to buy/put together/decorate/organize. lol

I am in a similar position but through no fault of my own. We live with my In-Laws and they have yet to clear their stuff out of the extra room so I can get the nursery set up. Hubby's mom is a total pack rat and I think she's subconsciously resisting the task of getting rid of anything. Both storage unit places nearby have waiting lists, so there's no telling when we'll be able to get one.

I haven't bought too much, yet, simply because I have nowhere to put any of it. I'm planning on changing that, though. Hopefully if they see baby stuff start to pile up, it'll motivate them to get going before I start unloading their stuff into the living room.

Just started mine, nesting my head off at the moment, I had two weeks of snoozing... Now I'm on it!! Lol surprising how quickly it takes shape

I'm 30 weeks and have nothing for this baby really just some stuff from my girls :( its making me nervous

I'm not buying anything for the baby until after my shower at 34 weeks, so I'm right there with you. We have received a few gifts so far, which has been very helpful, but I'm very far from having everything we need, let alone having everything organized. My husband is going to be leaving for a week the day before the shower, so I plan to take that time to buckle down and get it all arranged (how I want, ha ha!). That's also when I'll go out and shop for anything we didn't get :) The nursery will be quite the shock to him when he gets home, I think!

My sister did the same and went into labour just before 35 weeks and baby had to spend a couple of nights in a baby bath..
I have had everything ready since week 28 and mine and baby bags are packed. Just waiting for the raskel to show up now.
I hear of woman leaving it till the end and go into labour early so I like to be prepared

Don't worry!! I only finished work last week (at 36 weeks) and we've only just started sorting things out now. My partner is very stressed about baby coming (he's so worried that something might go wrong!) and he hasn't let me buy anything for the baby yet so we literally have nothing! I've been offered things off friends so am hoping that we won't be too badly off but at one point it did look like baby might be sleeping in a drawer!!!
He's de-stressed a little and this weekend we bought paint and filler to start sorting room but we are struggling there as well. My FIL is sleeping in there in a medical bed and we've been trying to clear around him and clear 80 years worth of stuff out of two rooms to swap him back to his own room. It's all a bit chaotic and a little stressful if i'm honest! Oh well! Let's hope baby stays where it is for a few more weeks to give us a chance!

All I have right now is a crib and a few sleepers that I got from a friend. I won't have anything until after my baby shower and then I will buy anything that I don't get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->