Totally O/T but it's doing my head in

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Does anyone else remember when Bruce Forsyth used to dance to the lambada on the generation game and he used to sing 'stick out ya bum, stick out ya bum' to the same music that is sampled on JLo's get on the floor song?

My husband looked at me as if I had gone mental earlier when I asked him and I can't find any youtube video with him doing it on.

Great! You all know I'm nuts anyway so I'm not too worried what you lot will think!

I swear it's not in my head!

youve lost me aswell noodles :-/ although im not sure if i can even remember brucey being the host im only 23 it was jim davidsons generation game when i was a kid :-/

Great! You all know I'm nuts anyway so I'm not too worried what you lot will think!

Even my OH who had years of rubbish tv exposure from his mother has no idea.

Talking of insane though my cousin suggested I stand on one leg with one finger in my ear and sing loudly to Bob Dylan to bring on labour. I'm about to try it.

this thread has made me chuckle!

Im sorry noodles i have no idea either :shrug:

I didn't imagine it!

'have to say that having heard the song, it does clearly sample the tune probably first heard in Britain on Bruce Forsythe’s Generation Game in the 90s when he used to perform the Lambada with his wife and the contestants.'
now I've just got to find a 'stick out ya bum' clip!

Still no video, but more 'evidence' that I haven't totally lost it...

'Then it was off to the Beeb again for a new run of The Generation Game. It was as ace as before, and Brucie continued being a musical pioneer by popularising the Lambada, which we still can’t hear without going “Stick out you bum! Stick out your bum!'

Talking of insane though my cousin suggested I stand on one leg with one finger in my ear and sing loudly to Bob Dylan to bring on labour. I'm about to try it.

You're family are nuts! You must fit right in! :haha:

You're the one who has been talking to themselves while having fantasies about Brucie's bum! :haha:

You may be right about my family though...

You're the one who has been talking to themselves while having fantasies about Brucie's bum! :haha:

Let me know how standing on one leg with your finger in your ear singing bob dylan works out for you! I'll either send an ambulance for you or the men in white coats! I'm pretty sure I know which one I'll be calling!

Let me know how standing on one leg with your finger in your ear singing bob dylan works out for you! I'll either send an ambulance for you or the men in white coats! I'm pretty sure I know which one I'll be calling!

Damn, it didn't work. But it did make the new students next door turn their music down.

Hi Noodle,

It's not in your head. Bruce Forsythe DID do a lambada skit and you might remember he had a doll tied to his feet at the same time. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. :haha:
Sadly it doesn't appear to be on YT. :growlmad: I lobbed on here because I was actually performing a Google search for the same scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->