Trans vaginal Scan causes Miscarriage?

rosequartz

Pregnant with 1st Baby
Reaction score
I just read online that TVS causes miscarriage, what the heck? Is it true? I am freaking out really bad. I had it done last week.

Any of you who had Trans Vaginal scan done and had no issues?

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee help :(

A trans vaginal scan will NOT cause miscarriage in a normal healthy pregnancy. Just think how tightly the cervix is closed and sealed off. If someone does go on to miscarry following a scan, it was probably going to happen anyway.

I had two vaginal scans and baby is fine. I'm sure if they cause miscarriages gynecologists wouldn't use them!

Thanks hun :) Past 2 -3 days have been really scary for me. 2 days back I found out I had been taking Fish oil with Rosemary and Oregano extract in it(2 herbs that are prohibited during pregnancy) and now this. I dunno why people write things like this, its so scary!

I had one to diagnose a mc and it hardly went in i can not imagine it would cause a mc it didnt even touch my cervix. If sex is ok then one of them deff is ok. Dont worry u wil be fine. They wudnt do it or they wud b sued x

I had one to diagnose a mc and it hardly went in i can not imagine it would cause a mc it didnt even touch my cervix. If sex is ok then one of them deff is ok. Dont worry u wil be fine. They wudnt do it or they wud b sued x

Thank you so much hun :) You all have put my mind at ease, I was crying when I read about it causing miscarriage :(

It is far less intrusive than sex, which is generally ok, I don't see anyway that's possible. I've also never heard of oregano or Rosemary being banned. I'm sure you're ok :)

It is far less intrusive than sex, which is generally ok, I don't see anyway that's possible. I've also never heard of oregano or Rosemary being banned. I'm sure you're ok :)

Hope so hun :) Oregano and Rosemary are ok in tiny amount (in food) but not in medicinal form, that's what I had read :(

Dont worry about all the scaremongering hun, i had a trans vaginal scan 10days ago and as far as im concerned my little bean is still blooming in there, i have the major ms, really sore bbs, bloated belly and bad wind to prove it!! Haha!! Besides, if a man can safely place his train into the tunnel then i dont there is anything to worry about!!
xxxxx

The trans vaginal scans are fine! I had one at 6 weeks + and am now 13+2 and my baby's absolutely fine! They may cause a little spotting as, like with sex, it might irritate the cervix a little but it doesn't cause miscarriage. :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

i had a blighted ovum end of last year and had about 6 or 7 trans vaginal scans. i didn't miscarry till i was 13wks (diagnosed at 9). if an internal was going to cause a miscarriage then i surely wouldn't have needed as many scans as i had! don't worry. they wouldn't do it if there was a high risk of it causing miscarriage.

they definitely do not cause miscarriage hun Ive had quite a few in the past & are perfectly safe xx

Dont worry about all the scaremongering hun, i had a trans vaginal scan 10days ago and as far as im concerned my little bean is still blooming in there, i have the major ms, really sore bbs, bloated belly and bad wind to prove it!! Haha!! Besides, if a man can safely place his train into the tunnel then i dont there is anything to worry about!!
xxxxx

i had a blighted ovum end of last year and had about 6 or 7 trans vaginal scans. i didn't miscarry till i was 13wks (diagnosed at 9). if an internal was going to cause a miscarriage then i surely wouldn't have needed as many scans as i had! don't worry. they wouldn't do it if there was a high risk of it causing miscarriage.

The trans vaginal scans are fine! I had one at 6 weeks + and am now 13+2 and my baby's absolutely fine! They may cause a little spotting as, like with sex, it might irritate the cervix a little but it doesn't cause miscarriage. :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

they definitely do not cause miscarriage hun Ive had quite a few in the past & are perfectly safe xx

Thank you so much ladies :) This forum is a lifesaver :hug:

Nope absolute rubbish I was concerned about losing this little one as I lost my last 2 and the midwife assured me a tvs would not harm an ongoing pregnancy in anyway. Otherwise believe me if there had been any kind of risk I wouldn't have had it!! I was 6 weeks and 6 days and am now 7 weeks and 5 days with a healthy little one x

Nope absolute rubbish I was concerned about losing this little one as I lost my last 2 and the midwife assured me a tvs would not harm an ongoing pregnancy in anyway. Otherwise believe me if there had been any kind of risk I wouldn't have had it!! I was 6 weeks and 6 days and am now 7 weeks and 5 days with a healthy little one x

Thank you so much hun :hugs:

I wouldn't worry at all! :D
I had two done two weeks apart, and the baby is doing very well :)

I've had several transvaginal scans throughout this pregnancy. The first caused a bit of spotting. Nothing since. Don't worry, they wouldn't do it so freely if it caused MC.

I have had 2 of them (one at 8 and at 10, and a pap smear at 8 weeks) and my little girl is still doing great. If you have a healthy pregnancy then it does no more harm than having sex. There is no need to worry. If a miscarriage happens it happened because of another reason and NOT because of the scan. THe improtant thing to remember is to take everything you find on the internet like a grain of salt. Many people write things that are not fact but because is on the internet many believe it is fact.

like others have said i very much doubt it could cause a MC.
any sort of internal can cause a slight bleed in pregnancy but thats about it. if the scans were so dangerous we wouldnt be able to have sex during pregnancy either but we can

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->