Transvaginal ultrasound tech refused to give me pictures. Why

I know at my hospital they take pictures and keep copies for their records. Mayb u could give the clinic a call and ask for a copy? Say pretty please ;0)

With my last pregnancy I had really terrible pains so at 5wks ish I went to a and e and they scanned me to see. She showed me the baba on the screen but wouldn't giv me a photo either! She booked me in for a scan in 2 weeks time to see how things r progressing and that's wer the lovely midwife said it's twins!! She must have seen 2 but didn't want to say incase I was losing one (?). It was also a trans vag scan and that night I started bleeding. Panicked like hell! Only just found out it was 2 then this happens!! But luckily it was just from the scan an that was ok.

It's easier enough to say but try not to stress lovey!! Xxxx fingers an toes crossed for u xxx

Ive always been given an early pic. However when i had my m/c in 09 at the ER, I had to ask " Can i have a picture of my baby" and they hesitated but gave it to me.

I just had my first us this week and I got two pictures without asking, and I only measured 7 weeks. If they didn't offer up the pictures I would have asked for them though.

I just got an early scan today (6weeks) and they gave me pics but it was my doc doing it, not a tech. I also saw the HB but they did not tell me the heart rate. They gave me a due date though.
Honestly you aren't missing much. The picture is just a small white spot in a black blob.

I've had early scans with both of my LO's and never been given pictures. However I was given print outs with the scan info and a little picture on it to give to my MW wach time and I photocopied these so I had the pictures. With my DD my DH asked whether we could have a picture (before she gave us the print out) and the sonographer said no, they don't give pictures before 12 weeks, it is the policy there. I think it is maybe because before 12 weeks the risk of miscarriage is quite significant and maybe giving a picture would make people fele like they were out of the danger zone and could make it more painful if they did go on to lose the LO.

I had a private scan at 8 weeks in my last pregnancy that confirmed my fear I had suffered a mmc. I was still asked if I wanted pictures. I didn't, but I thought it was good that they asked as I understand why some people would want to keep pictures. This time around they confirmed a healthy hb at 8 weeks with abdominal us but she then did a transvaginal as well so the pictures would be better. It was a private clinic though, I doubt I would have got early pics at an NHS scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->