transverse baby 37 weeks

rachy01

Reaction score
Anyones baby transverse at this point? Whats the plan? Are you scheduled for a c-section? Cant see my midwife til wednesday! Would like to hear anyone's experience.

My midwife suggested Spinning Babies.com as a way to flip my breech baby. Gotta say, it worked! She is now head down. But then again, I'm still early enough that my chances were pretty good to get her to flip.

Ask your mw about the Spinning Babies web site to make sure it's safe for you to do.

Are you planning a c-section or were you going to try an external cephalic version?

Posting an update in case anyone searches on this later:

Been admitted to hospital at 38 weeks due to danger of cord prolapse.

C-section booked for due date (which i am very upset about as i have a 3 year old at home who is crying and begging me to come home and i dont see the point in delaying it as baby is measuring 7lbs and they have given me steriods for her lungs). Got to beg the doctor to move the date forward or im her for potentially 2 and a half weeks.

Put on a noisy ward with newborns crying and women being induced all already me so no chance of sleep. Just miss my little boy so much. The midwives are lovely but im just so down.

If anyone ends up in a similar situation you have my every sympathy.

This is UK by the way. (I know this hasnt got many replies but i just want to keep this updated because when i searched for this topic on the internet i could find much info)

:hugs: I'm sorry that you are in this situation. It seems crazy that they aren't going to do a c section until your due date, most electives are booked in week 39!

I had an undiagnosed transverse baby, they didn't discover it until i went in for my planned section at 38 weeks. It's a scary thought having a cord prolapse, so you are in the right place but I totally get your frustration. :hugs:

Most csections are booked for 39 weeks so fingers crossed you can bring this forward. Good luck x

Thank you for your responses - it means a lot to me. Xxx

i will keep this updated in case its any help to mums going through similar.

I'm guessing you had your baby now. Just stumbled on this thread. My son was discovered transverse when I arrived at hospital at 9cms so they had to have him out in the hour by c section because of the risk of cord prolapse.
It's all very scary and definitely disappointing but I hope it all worked out for you and they brought your section forward :)

Hi.
Anymore updates or anyone that can relate?
I get a scan on tuesday to check position...he has been transverse the entire pregnancy. I am almost 36 weeks. Anxious to see what will happen. This is my 4th so i think he just3 has too muc3h room...

My baby wad oblique at 36 weeks. I tried the moves recommended on spinning babies and by 37 weeks she was head down.

If she had not shifted it would have been a c-section, instead I was induced..

I have been trying everything. Crazy things. Spinning babies. Everything. Nothing is working =/

Well this is crazy, but late last night i witnessed the creepest movement ever haha. Woke uo this am and my right side was moosh, which it never was before! Had my scan today and confirmed he is headdown! So just wanted to give some hope! I truly thought we would be discussinf ECV and planned CS. So thrilled. Good luck to anyone reading thus thread!

Yay for baby turning! :happydance:

I've heard in people who have had multiple pregnancies that sometimes babies don't go head down until right before labor due to have a more "roomy" womb from being stretched before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->