Travel in car when 7/8weeks - long journey

smurfy

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just found I am pregnant after 4 years of trying and our first attempt at IVF so very happy. Still on estrogen and progetergone (5 tablets a day) until week 12 to assist pregnancy following IVF process, I will also have an early scan as that is what they tend to do for IVF people so will have that around wk 6/7.

I am due to take my mum up to see my sister for my nephews birthday and to see the family, I am due to go in 3 weeks so will be approx. 7-8 weeks, I am nervous to go because one I will be on the meds which are making me very tired, plus the journey is over 6 hours there and then back and I will be the only driver as my mum can’t drive.

I think I will cancel, as the journey is tiring any how plus i don't sleep great there. what do you guys think? I haven’t told my parents the good news yet, plan to do that face to face next weekend.

Thanks for your help x

I think it is a personal choice. If your jot comfortable then don't go.

I wouldn't cancel. 6 hours isn't that long, especially if you're willing to stop a couple of times to have a short rest, drink and bathroom break

I found out I was pregnant on a Tuesday and had a flight scheduled from the East Coast to Hawaii on that Friday - a 12 hour travel day (and then another 12 back a week later!). It was fine, I just had to make sure to get up and stretch every 2 hours since pregnant women are susceptible to blood clots from sitting a long time - which you could certainly do during your car trip too. But - of course it's completely up to you and what you're comfortable doing!

It's up to you but I wouldn't cancel. Just stop an extra time or two to stretch. We are planning a trip to Atlanta for probably December to see my Dh's family. We live in Iowa. It's a 16hour drive. We don't like flying much. We are just going to stop every 2hra instead of 3. I'll be about 22 weeks by then. We are also driving from iowa to New York in March when I'm 8 months for my baby shower with my family who can't travel. That should be fun. Again it's up to you and a personal choice. If you don't think you'll be up to it then reevaluate. If you do just schedule in those extra stops

thanks, all i may think again then i will see how i go over the next 2 weeks and after the scan, if all is good i will go and do more stops etc thanks for all your inputs and hope your are feeling good

It's up to you, since the meds make you tired you wouldn't want to do something that might risk an accident, but I am much less tired (from pregnancy) by 7-8 weeks than I was at 5-6.

Also, it's only 6 hours. I'd plan a couple of breaks to stretch, snack, and pee, and you'll probably be fine!

My only concern would be the meds. Since they make you tired, is it safe to drive while taking them? As far as the pregnancy goes, just expect to take extra bathroom breaks and a chance to stretch here and there. Otherwise, I don't see the problem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->